corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spraying Advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spraying Advice
McWillster

User status: Offline
19th Jan 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of bying a small compressor and a spray gun and turning my hand to a little DIY colour coding project on one of my corsas.

Know kinda what im doing, just want to know when applying the laquer, do you use the compressor and fill the gun up with laquer or use rattle cans or any other method??

Totally new to it, any tips would be greatly apprieciated!!

[Edited on 19-01-2010 by McWillster]

tomo2k9

19th Jan 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldent buy a little compressor mate because they always have to stop to re-fill with air, you need a big one to do it tbh, but if you have got time and patiants then go for it mate its not hard rely just gotta take your time in the prepation, ill get you a link to when i done my bumpers have a look at them look prity sweet
tomo2k9

19th Jan 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=528040

check the process i went through mate turned out quite good acctually
McWillster

19th Jan 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its kinda either that or just use rattle cans, but is that not a bit touch and go as to wether you get a good finish or not?
tomo2k9

19th Jan 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant beet the quality of proper spraying mate, rattle cans are good for little bits and bobs but you still dont get the right finish with rattle cans no mater how good you are mate but if i was you id get a decent secound hand big compressor put it in your shed or were ever and just get some long hoses and thats it mate you would be set up for life lol but you should just look about mate for a decent compressor, try ebay, or swapz
McWillster

19th Jan 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers thanks alot for the help

What about when it comes to laquering, can you just pop it into the spray gun aswell and apply with it?

Your spraying has came out top notch looks brilliant!

What you think i should go for colour scheme wise? Its a red corsa with pre 97 bumpers..
tomo2k9

19th Jan 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh mate laquaer just drop stright into the gun but dont take the piss to get it on because it goes hard in the gun quick lol and if youve payed a good wack on a gun then you dont want it to fuck it up lol, and what you mean by the bumpers mate ??? the hole bumpers or the bump strips ?? and id go for something diferent mate something what hasent been done, i thought i was gonna be diferent but now starting to relise everyone does them in that grey lol well let me no how you get on anyway mate post some pics up of the results
McWillster

19th Jan 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okily doke! Ta for the help mate!

Ive been meaning to get picks up all the time of stuff, did a c20xe conversion but never put any pics up.

The cars a 'P' reg 1.2 8v merit so its got completely black front and back bumpers. Would it take the complete piss sanding them down in preperation?

New Poll