corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » remap question??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author remap question??
DannyE2010

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to longlife today 2 have a lil work done and they said i cant have my car remapped cuz its ona T reg plate??im sure you can cant u??
Ste
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't be 100% sure but I don't think there is a ban on having a T reg car remapped.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
lostboy
Banned

20th Jan 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any car can be remapped, people are taking VXR's and 'Burgs to be remapped, and if they can do it on brand new cars where all the electrics are somehow wired into each other, surely they can do it on a T reg car.

I assume its a Corsa?
dannymccann

20th Jan 10 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought as long as it had electronic fuel injection (therefore an ECU) it could be mapped in some way or other. And every car after 1994(??) has this....
John

20th Jan 10 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
Any car can be remapped, people are taking VXR's and 'Burgs to be remapped, and if they can do it on brand new cars where all the electrics are somehow wired into each other, surely they can do it on a T reg car.

I assume its a Corsa?

That's totally incorrect.

They may be able to, they may not.

Either way, it's a waste of money unless you have a lare amount of mods or a turbo.
dean101287

20th Jan 10 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think you can, but you can get a dastek unichip fitted and then get that mapped.
AlexW

20th Jan 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant change the standard, you will be able to chip it though.

You haven't said what engine, but if its a baby xe then raising the rev limit is worth it, even if its for future planned mods.
swill_omnibus

20th Jan 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far as I remember longlife aint got the right gear to map cars before 01 or sumin.
DannyE2010

20th Jan 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by swill_omnibus
Far as I remember longlife aint got the right gear to map cars before 01 or sumin.

praps thats what it is mate yeh
DannyE2010

20th Jan 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I assume its a Corsa?

ye corsa mate
broster
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my r reg corsa done....

bascially the answer is yes. what engine is it
DannyE2010

20th Jan 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 sport m8 praps it could just be long life dont have eqquipment ini?
DaveyLC

20th Jan 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I assume its a Corsa?

Modern cars have flash memory so the ECU's can be remapped..

Most older cars can't be re-mapped but some can be fitted with a daughter board to allow them to be re-mapped.. Cars like the Corsa will require an after market EPROM (chip) but the ecu can't actually be live-mapped.
x14xe nova

20th Jan 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the remap places need the whole car to flash/chip my corsa sport engine? as my cars in piece but wondering if i could take it into a place to plug it in there computer and get the rev limiter raised?
Toby
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the chip fits into the top of the ecu under the kick plate in the drivers side, they will then perform a live map on the rollers. Im not sure anyone that does a map from a handheld device for the 'B' i.e. dreamscience etc

edit: so in answer to you question they will most likey need the whole car in some shape or form

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by Toby]
broster
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

I assume its a Corsa?

Modern cars have flash memory so the ECU's can be remapped..

Most older cars can't be re-mapped but some can be fitted with a daughter board to allow them to be re-mapped.. Cars like the Corsa will require an after market EPROM (chip) but the ecu can't actually be live-mapped.

99% of facelifted corsas i have done are remapable thru the diagnostic port of the car, you can still do it by soldering a new EPROM to the ecu if you want but there is no need.

Both can be live mapped, the earlier cars already have a socket on the board so you can plug an emulator straight into them, the later cars need a socket soldering to the board to plug the emulator into.
DaveyLC

20th Jan 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the 97+ corsa ECU's flashable?

Well theres a turn-out for the books

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » remap question?? 24 database queries in 0.0152140 seconds