corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone else on fixed term contracts and out of a job in April?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone else on fixed term contracts and out of a job in April?
Carl

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems everyone is around here in the voluntary sector and health. Mine's up end of March, goes well with buying a house.
Marc

20th Jan 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm possibly out of job within the next few months,
dannymccann

20th Jan 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on a 9 month fixed term till August ish in Accounts Payable, apparently though there is very very few people who finish their fixed term and leave the company, which is optimistic
JonnyJ

20th Jan 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Rafa?! Is that you?
Marc

20th Jan 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Rafa?! Is that you?

Nah, I would have accidently set my office on fire.
Colin

20th Jan 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jade was on a 12 month contract with the council which usually gets renewed but with budget cuts and what not she was told not to hold her breath. Found a new job within weeks with a different dept within the same council for another 12 months which she started last month. Slightly less money in the new role but its stability for another year! Which is all we need really as by then my wages will have trebled.
Huwsi

20th Jan 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me possibly, it looks as though i may be kept on with a pay rise
jay2907

20th Jan 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a p/t job for a year now didnt plan it was hoping id have full time job by now but its realy hard to get job in this area
Carl

20th Jan 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Jade was on a 12 month contract with the council which usually gets renewed but with budget cuts and what not she was told not to hold her breath. Found a new job within weeks with a different dept within the same council for another 12 months which she started last month. Slightly less money in the new role but its stability for another year! Which is all we need really as by then my wages will have trebled.

Im in the NHS, same crack for a lot of stuff, I can't live my life 1/2 years at a time, its bollox short term funding, people spend last quarter looking for a new job so not sure how projects are meant to actually work!
Colin

20th Jan 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a lot of shite, there wanting to clear out the top tier of council tards that are on 100k a year & do nothing. Not the grafters that are on 20k & actually do a days work.

I know a lot of folk that have done 12 month terms with the council, one person for 6years & they are always renewed. It is frustrating that they cant tell one way or another, hence why Jade left in January. 'We dont know how we'll manage without you' was the comment from her bosses...........sadly they dont have the power to wipe their own arse never mind make a staff decision.

Too many folk (the wrong folk) trying to steer in the council management & not one of them knows what they are doing!!
wilson_sri

20th Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not in work at all just now! Finding it difficult to get anything half decent as well, so considering going back into the Army for a bit stability.
Carl

20th Jan 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It is a lot of shite, there wanting to clear out the top tier of council tards that are on 100k a year & do nothing. Not the grafters that are on 20k & actually do a days work.

I know a lot of folk that have done 12 month terms with the council, one person for 6years & they are always renewed. It is frustrating that they cant tell one way or another, hence why Jade left in January. 'We dont know how we'll manage without you' was the comment from her bosses...........sadly they dont have the power to wipe their own arse never mind make a staff decision.

Too many folk (the wrong folk) trying to steer in the council management & not one of them knows what they are doing!!

The department I work in is small, say about 15 people at most, the first time i'll have sat down with the lady who should be on the ball and organising and sorting stuff is for my termination of contract interview. In the room next to me there are about 5 people on 35k+ sat doing relatively little due to the dissorganisation of it all. It is a joke to be fair. The council and NHS must spunk so much money away being incompetant, people just get used to it and drag everyone else to their level though.
Huwsi

20th Jan 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The department I work in is small, say about 15 people at most, the first time i'll have sat down with the lady who should be on the ball and organising and sorting stuff is for my termination of contract interview. In the room next to me there are about 5 people on 35k+ sat doing relatively little due to the dissorganisation of it all. It is a joke to be fair. The council and NHS must spunk so much money away being incompetant, people just get used to it and drag everyone else to their level though.

I work for the NHS and it seems we work in identical places.... We have 16 people at our office. people sat there on A4C Band 5 jobs doing fuck all to earn their money. The ammount of money that is wasted is unreal
Colin

20th Jan 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So much of OUR money is wasted within unorganised council depts up & down the country, it should be exposed tbh!!

I remember Jade saying she once found a cupboard full of brand new blackberrys that were all activated & being paid for but for some reason they hadnt been issued & had apparently been sitting there for months & months.

Education which Jade worked for see no wrong in spending Łk's on outings for unrully kids. This really turns my piss to steam!! Cancel the day trips & bring back some order in the classrooms!! I'd happily go to my nearest school on my days off & slug the bad kids a couple of times until they want to learn. I'd do that job for free, to help the comunity!!

But no they will save money by not renewing the contrcts of the staff that keeps the show ticking over!! Gid yin!!

It does make me a little mad & I dont even work for them!!

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by Colin]
Carl

20th Jan 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Huwsi
quote:

I work for the NHS and it seems we work in identical places.... We have 16 people at our office. people sat there on A4C Band 5 jobs doing fuck all to earn their money. The ammount of money that is wasted is unreal

I dare say the majority will be the same. It is a sad state of affairs really.
dava.

20th Jan 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So much of OUR money is wasted within unorganised council depts up & down the country, it should be exposed tbh!!

cant see that happening, mob i work for the top guys are all friends who had the jobs before even sitting an interview,

coming up to march with the council everyones contracs are void due to a new pay structure, rises and shorter week coming in place, its crazy if you dont sign on the line your out a job basicly,

there as you say also very good at wasting money, in what i do i prep up houses for folks to move in, normal folks that will pay there way get minimum work done, folks on brew, no hopers get a full decor only for them to ethier 1. trash the place and get allocated somewhere else or 2. get fed up where they stay burn the house out and get a full fresh house to move into, these folks pay nothing towards anything yet get the best of the best,

the place is one big joke but as it stands has been a right secure job for the last 7-8 years for me

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone else on fixed term contracts and out of a job in April? 23 database queries in 0.2807181 seconds