corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Re: Insurance Repairs & Like for Like Replacements

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Re: Insurance Repairs & Like for Like Replacements
Tiesto

User status: Offline
25th Jan 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to pick up the car today after it's repairs, but the replacement front bumper is different than the orignal one I had. The front bumper was a factory option, yet they replaced it with a standard one.

Mine:

Standard:

I had to leave the car there, as they hadn't done a few little things.

Can I insist on them replacing the bumper to same as what I had before? I didn't declare it had a "bodykit" per se, as I thought it being a factory option I didn't need too? Is that correct?
Graham88

25th Jan 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Presuming it's some kind of facelift / pre-facelift bumper then I would think you can demand they put the correct one on. It'd be like them putting an LX bumper on my Zetec S, no way would I be having that
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should be the same bumper as the damaged one unless you asked for a standard one, they probably didnt notice the difference as they are quite similar, they should be able to look at the estimate images to see they have got it wrong though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ben G

25th Jan 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should really declare factory options mate. i have privacy glass on the focus and they wanted to know about that.

if it's a bumper off an inferior model then by all means kick up a fuss but as it's a factory optional extra i don't think they'd change it for free unfortunately.
AlexW

25th Jan 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a Factory fit (So it has it as standard on all of those models and not a dealer add-on) then they should replace it like-for-like.

Just have a chat, see what they say.
deano87

25th Jan 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine if it was specified on the original data sheet for the car, then it should be fitted with that.

Although it's still classed as a modification from standard specification, so they'll say it's your fault for not reading the small print.

I recall a letter/question in Total Vauxhall about this. Someone had an Astra G with factory fitted Irmscher kit, but it still had to be registered as modified, even though it came from the factory like it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Re: Insurance Repairs & Like for Like Replacements 24 database queries in 0.4892058 seconds