corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Uni people - Placements.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uni people - Placements.
Jez_B

User status: Offline
31st Jan 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello people,

Just a quick one really, have any of you on here done a placement year at university?

If so...

where did you go?

How did you find it?

any hint and tips?

I've applied for a few already (around 10 currently). I have had a fair bit of positive feedback, assessment days, telephone interviews etc. Just looking to find out how you tackled it, and any hints and tips for finding the perfect position.

Cheers Jez

PS: Im interested in the IT/Business field.
Dom

31st Jan 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did placement here, found it through Uni, and unless you get somewhere really worth while (with the potential of getting a job out of it after grad) i wouldn't bother. I spent the year working in a school, was a good laugh and everyone was really nice but i didn't really gain anything experience-wise and it was a bit of a ballache after a while (50miles drive each way).

Everyone i know that managed to get decent placement did it themselves - ie: knocked up a CV and cover letter (try not to sound too eager though) and got them out to companies. Also try and do it early to get in before anyone else, don't leave it 'til may/june! If you're friendly with tutors see if they can help you out.
ed

31st Jan 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I designed school desks. The company was shit and basically went bankrupt.

Was useful because you find out about the real world and get good work discipline. All the people who did placements got better results than those who opted out.
saj_123

31st Jan 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me to complete my degree I need to complete 1 year placement in 2011/2012. The advice I have been given is to go direct to the companies and make sure your CV etc is presentable and no spelling mistakes and other silly errors.

If you have one of those 1 day interviews then talk to everyone and just be polite. Alot of people are going to big companies this can be a good move, and also try and get some experience in IT/ Business field before hand.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Uni people - Placements. 23 database queries in 0.0880589 seconds