corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Plate blanking on pictures

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plate blanking on pictures
antnee

User status: Offline
1st Feb 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On one of the forums Im on, one of the rules is that if your posting pics of anyone elses car you have to blank their plates.

I'm not bothered about people seeing my plates, I don't own something super rare or collectable thats hidden away in a garage lots, so why should I be!?!!??

Is anyone else that bothered about plates being shown on pics? Has anyone had something bad come of it?
mantamark

1st Feb 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its daft, you dont see people driving round with blurry numberplates, so why bother in a picture?
FruitBooTeR

1st Feb 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because some charming people out there might see a car on the internet which is the same as theirs and decide to make up some fake plates and then commit crimes using 'your car' as it would seem...
antnee

1st Feb 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But with modded cars though?
Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Because some charming people out there might see a car on the internet which is the same as theirs and decide to make up some fake plates and then commit crimes using 'your car' as it would seem...

Nail on the head. Someone round here got plates the same as the PC Superintendant and buzzed the speed cameras on a dual carriageway at twice the limit in a car the same
DaveyLC

Its easier to go find a car on the street for ringing.. I think most people cover their plates on the net for the same reason they do at track days, so insurers don't see their un-declared modifications.
sand-eel

1st Feb 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would insurance companies be looking through car forums for pics
DaveyLC

1st Feb 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep! They do it a lot.
FruitBooTeR

1st Feb 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

Nail on the head. Someone round here got plates the same as the PC Superintendant and buzzed the speed cameras on a dual carriageway at twice the limit in a car the same

He would actualy get charged for that then wouldnt he unless he could prove he wasnt driving at the time somehow.

Bit of a tricky one really as I bet if it happened to one of us they wouldnt believe us.

Rich H

1st Feb 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On clients cars in write ups etc I do it for privacy and the fact that their cars are worth reasonable money most the time.

My cars - habit I guess from the above. But I'm not so fussed about my cars - mainly because people will have seen a pic at some point with the plate on show so no point hiding it in some and not others lol.
Graham88

1st Feb 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do it, but I now put so many pictures up from events etc it just takes too long and sometimes ruins a picture unless done really well, which when uploading 150 pictures takes far too long as it is without editing in detail!

Although in recent light of losing a sale because a guy recognised the plates on the car he'd just put a deposit on, I'd be tempted in the future
antnee

1st Feb 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I used to do it, but I now put so many pictures up from events etc it just takes too long and sometimes ruins a picture unless done really well, which when uploading 150 pictures takes far too long as it is without editing in detail!

Although in recent light of losing a sale because a guy recognised the plates on the car he'd just put a deposit on, I'd be tempted in the future

Huh? Some guy pulled out of buying yours? Seen you ragging it?
ed

1st Feb 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know why people do it. It's not like someone could download your numberplate off of the internet and put it on their car.
Graham88

1st Feb 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Huh? Some guy pulled out of buying yours? Seen you ragging it?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=540990

[Edited on 01-02-2010 by Graham88]
Nick-S

1st Feb 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldent give a crap who sees my plate. I see loads every day
Nic Barnes

1st Feb 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent got the skills on computers to blank a plate out. plus im not really that bothered.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Plate blanking on pictures 23 database queries in 0.0119910 seconds