corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Broken wire on 02 sensor. C20XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken wire on 02 sensor. C20XE
Rich H

User status: Offline
7th Feb 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, found out why my EML is on after going over a bump the other night!

The blue & brown wire that runs off the 02 sensor has frayed off about 1mm from the plug There's not enough wire to solder on to I don't think.

How do you go about replacing the wire? Doesn't look very straight forward to me!

Car seems to run fine - only difference it revs itself up to 2k when starting then drops back down. Maybe slightly more lumpy on idle - doesn't seem any different when driving though.

Is it safe to run it without that sensor atm?

Advice on what to do next would be much appreciated!

Nic Barnes

7th Feb 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will run limp mode without sensor in. will just over fuel it.

take car to auto electrician. get them to replace pin and add a bit of wire into plug and then join back to the wire further down?
Rich H

7th Feb 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so it can be driven but won't be quite as it should be? ( as well as drink a whole lot more fuel )

Will get ringing round auto electricians tomorrow.

Cheers Nic
Nic Barnes

7th Feb 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will drive and run, but it wont be running that well.
Rich H

7th Feb 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fixed with a bodge for the moment - cut the plug off and crimped 2 spades on. Reason for doing so is because the wire was very tight anyway due to the way its routed to the air filter, so I'm going to get a new one and extend the wires when I fit the airbox.

So no more EML

New Poll