corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dtuk tuning systems- are they any good?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dtuk tuning systems- are they any good?
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Feb 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright smart ass. I was referring to those pieces of crap people spend a fortune on that plug into the OBD and change the map, bluefin etc. and boost pressure is adjusted on the diesels.

Now I realise you lot are referring to something else which most of the internet says is a shite waste of money. Good purchase

Get a remap.

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by loafofbrett]
Nick-S

8th Feb 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant remap the denso ecu of my car or else i would
Brett
Premium Member

8th Feb 10 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't mean you, clearly.
Nick-S

8th Feb 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

8th Feb 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DTUK boxes on (most) CR diesels are far from a waste of money, I wouldn't pay RRP though, that's too close to/over what a remap costs.

The boxes can't adjust boost (barring the best part of £500 crd-t), which is the main downfall against a map.
Pete_vxl

8th Feb 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a green tuning box for my brothers birthday, he loves it. Never went wrong, easy to fit. His vectra easily keeps up with my gsi and mid range destroys me.
Kano

8th Feb 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
Bought a green tuning box for my brothers birthday, he loves it. Never went wrong, easy to fit. His vectra easily keeps up with my gsi and mid range destroys me.

I can sit with my mates 225 S3 in my astra with my box on its default setting. Doesn't feel like it should but it does..
John

8th Feb 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't beat a ~145ish bhp toledo off the lights and didn't start pulling away until over 70 with an eco3 on 9 at the weekend
Simon_16v

8th Feb 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting a remap from Peformance Torque for £265 including rolling road before and after to see the gains. Bargain tbh
John

8th Feb 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless it's a custom one it's not as much of a bargain as £100.
Simon_16v

8th Feb 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its not custom no, but at the end of the day im not having to trust my ecu doesnt get lost/stolen/broken etc in the post and they even do diagnostics to make sure everying is working as it should be.

They do a custom phase one map for £350 but with my car being standard there is no point spening that sorta money on it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dtuk tuning systems- are they any good? 23 database queries in 0.0131190 seconds