corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First fine

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First fine
oceansoul

User status: Offline
8th Feb 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
What would happen if you pulled a grinder with carbon disc out of your boot and started to cut through it? Just wondering. It's total bullshit that they could do that.

Where we used to park at college was a bit suspect, as it had "private Road" "clampers in operation" signs all over the place, but it look just like any other road. My mate kept a grinder in his boot just incase, then one day, after like nearly 2 years of parking there another dude at our college got clamped, But not the rest of us. Dude got his grinder out and started to attack it. Then police showed up so we all drove off Left the guy clamped there. He was a twat any way haha
Mike GSi

8th Feb 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY old boss had someone park on his property. he asked them politely to move it as it was in the way. They refused to, so my boss got the forklift and moved it for them! damaging the sills and exhaust.

they tried to take him to court but as it was on his property they couldnt do a thing.

Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Should of told him to do one and then you should of gone back later with a jack, balljoint splitter and a socket set.

This is a guy who doesnt know where his oil goes, so I cant see him trying to take the clamp off in this way going down too well
Eddx14xe

8th Feb 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some plaves just do it too scare people from parking there though dont they?

There is a place near me, its like parkng for the bank staff and a laundret, i says clamping in operation has all the signs, even hasa clamp hanging on a fire escape stairs, but everyone parks there, for aslong as i can remember we have prked there, never ever heard about anyone getting clamped and never seen it move from the stairs where its hung up
Tomnova16
Premium Member

8th Feb 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could do a homer and drive with it on, one of my customers did that (or friend of a customer) cant remember who now though, didnt get the work done though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
jay2907

8th Feb 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Should of told him to do one and then you should of gone back later with a jack, balljoint splitter and a socket set.

he said he will get someone to take it away

and he was taking photos of my car

should of taken a picture of his face and told him to watch his back
Brett
Premium Member

8th Feb 10 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't see how people are allowed to damage your car how they like if it's on their property. Maybe they can, but it's not right.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

8th Feb 10 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple thing is to check where you park really

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Eddx14xe

8th Feb 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I really don't see how people are allowed to damage your car how they like if it's on their property. Maybe they can, but it's not right.

Would of thought it would be classed as criminal damage?

Its like saying if my car is on my drive and someone smashed my window, the police cant do anything because its on private property
Cosmo

quote:

They arent allowed to, that post above about people getting away with doing so is BS. If someone took you to court for damaging their property even if its on your land you would lose.
jay2907

parking on private property knowing you are doing so without permission is just plain ignorant dont do it :/
Brett
Premium Member

8th Feb 10 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading a little, am I right in thinking that only someone with an SIA license can clamp you otherwise you can call the police?
Rich H

8th Feb 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
parking on private property knowing you are doing so without permission is just plain ignorant dont do it :/

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
Parked in this car park, now found out it was private..
jay2907

8th Feb 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im talking about the guy who got his car forklifted
Richardhhha

8th Feb 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont the land owners have to have a permit from the local council to alow clampers to opperate in the car park, was on watchdog a few months back about a place in croydon charging people stupid money and now they are having to pay it all back as they never had a licence
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imagine paying a fine thats more than the car is worth

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First fine 24 database queries in 0.7017970 seconds