corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Been kickin' it old school ( 35mm related)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been kickin' it old school ( 35mm related)
andy1868

User status: Offline
15th Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, as some of you know i bought a 35mm SLR afew weeks ago (a canon AE1 for anybody interested) so i thought i'd share in here for some feedback. I'm really happy with them, they look really nice printed out but my scanner is an awful POS and they look poor i think i may need to invest in a better scanner. so without further adue

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by andy1868]
flybikeslee

15th Feb 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see some different styles there andy dooood
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that effect Awesome pics.
Matt L

16th Feb 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw these on facebook last night quickly and love them

3,8,9 & 11 = fooking epic, really making me want to sort my dads out or nicely ask lauras dad to 'borrow' his that he found the other day.
andy1868

16th Feb 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get on it matt, its so nice to use too. yeah its cheaper to run the digital one but the film is hardly breaking the bank. ends up about 30p a photo all in. but you find yourself not just snapping away like you would with the digital stuff. i was taking way more time and effort for each one which i think perhaps shows in the photos. especially considering i've not played with them at all
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look awesome mate They all have that look about them that's kind of really old school, if you know what I mean.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Butler

16th Feb 10 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

35mm is great, try a black and white film
Adam_B

17th Feb 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are experimenting with different film have a look here, gives you examples of what they look like -

http://uk.shop.lomography.com/films/35mm-film

Dont buy from there though as its expensive, I find http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777 have decent prices but i buy wierd shit and 120s.
andy1868

17th Feb 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the link adam, turns out the Ilford XP2 that i bought through amazon comes from 7dayshop so i may just cut out the middle man next time can't believe the price from the first site though, £3.95 on 7dayshop and £9 on there

got afew snaps with the B+W so far, but i'm not terribly hopeful for them. but its all trial and error at this point though because all the different films available and whatnot are all abit confusing. i understand the gist of them but some more fettling may be required, which is normally the best way IMO

also, am i right in thinking that a local processor can sort me out for black and white? as long as its C41?

[Edited on 17-02-2010 by andy1868]
Adam_B

17th Feb 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Lomo prices are stupid, good resource though. Dunno about black and white as i always use Ilford HP5 and process it myself at uni.

http://www.farnellphotographiclab.co.uk/ in Lancaster are good for developing and if you want proffesional prints, not the cheapest but when it comes to developing and prints, you get what you pay for imo.

[Edited on 17-02-2010 by Adam_B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Been kickin' it old school ( 35mm related) 25 database queries in 0.0109200 seconds