corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accidents and Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accidents and Insurance
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Feb 10 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had my renewals through and my policy has gone up, even though the claim has been settled and found me to be 100% not at fault - I was in bed when someone lost control in the snow and hit the back 1/4 of my car.

Anyhow, even with 9 years NCB, its still gone up by £80 from last year and the excess has increased; this is the first time since I started driving that my insurance has gone up year on year - I've done a few comparative quotes as well and nothing comes close to this offer.

Has insurance in general gone up OR is it because I now have an accident logged against my file, even though it was non-fault?
Matt L

18th Feb 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance excess has generally gone up from what i have heard, price wise i dont know as mines dropped by £300odd
LeeM

18th Feb 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you go through your own insurance? If so it will log as a non fault claim on their systems, which will effect your insurance. I wouldn't declare it as a claim though if you were gettin quotes from other companies in future because it's not a true claim once your company has been reimbursed
RichR
Premium Member

18th Feb 10 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its through HIC, who I've always been with but the insurance has changed from QBE (used to be Ensign insurance iirc) to N.I.G (who are owned by RBS)

I would have moved away to a mianstream insurance this time tbh but although the claims settled as 100% non-fault, the final bill is still outstanding as my car's still in the bodyshop. Didn't want to move and then have issues down hte line.
deano87

18th Feb 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved after my claim.

Then 2 years later someone put a no-win-no-fee claim against me. I just took the letter to my broker and they sorted from there even though I had been left 2 years.

If you find a cheaper quote elsewhere, just change.
Breathecosse

18th Feb 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance in general has gone up this year.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accidents and Insurance 23 database queries in 0.0100710 seconds