corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » OSCommerce - Anybody use/used it before??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OSCommerce - Anybody use/used it before??
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 10 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all.

Im just starting to look into using this to build a better site for my business. Has anyone used it before and have any tips, or better still any idea where i can find some good "free" tutorials??

Cheerss!!!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

23rd Feb 10 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look for CRE Loaded, and more specifically CRE Lance website.

As long as you're not after something amazingly special (by that I mean you can still get a custom designed store with certain add ons so it doesnt look like a normal Os Commerce store), you can submit a project on there and have people bid for it on there and 9/10 you'll get a great price and job done.
Nismo

23rd Feb 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used oscommerce in the past although not for a few years, its Open Source so always gonna be allot of people finding holes within in the system, similar thing for the likes of joomla etc...
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard osC setup is a big pile of poo. I have developed a very heavily modified version that I use for my customers, and customise it for their requirements etc.

Even v3.0 of osC has been in 'development' for a VERY long time now and people are getting pissed off about how long it takes the guy (Harald Ponce de Leon) to actually work with other contributers to make new updates etc.!

There are some other off-the-shelf systems which you might find better and more user-friendly like Prestashop and Magento, I would advise trying those first instead.
Dan
Premium Member

27th Feb 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else had much experience with this?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

New Poll