corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Total closure control module

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Total closure control module
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 10 at 04:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a clifford concept 650 mk2 alarm fitted to my car late last year, after the guy fitted it he told me to come back so he could sort out the total closure as the passenger side window didnt go up and the drivers window went up slightly and then the alarm would just go off.

I did go back to the company that fitted it and the guy who fitted it, he wasn't all there tbh, I think he has a few personal issues and money issues and I generally don't want to take the car back there.

So Im looking to fix my total closure problem myself, I know people don't rate clifford alarms but other than the total closure problem its been spot on for me so far.

Is this the sort of thing I need?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120347945540&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And anyone got a link or some advice on how to fit it if it is what I need?

Cheers for the help

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
random dav
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U stubs, he has a good knowledge of clifford stuff iirc.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Adam C
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks dav, just sent him a u2u

Adam C
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spotted this on LMF aswell

LMF Link

Not sure it this could work with the clifford system though, only mentions about working with the deadlock on standard alarm.

stubs

24th Feb 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont' touch that LMF product with a long-un... all that's in that box is some sort of timer and a relay.

The Clifford's already got variable timer outputs so assuming it's for the Astra, you shouldn't need anything else other than a relay.

Test the car by leaving the windows down and locking it with the key (physically in the door).. hold the key in the locked position and both windows should close.

Once you're happy, take a relay and connect it like this:

+12v to 85
Clifford output to 86
-ve to 30
Astra lock wire to 87

All the wires can be found if you locate the Clifford brain... the lock wire and power/earth will already be connected to it.

If you're gonna use the Clifford's 12v supply, make sure you use the one that's fused with the 20amp fuse, not the 5amp, otherwise you'll turn the alarm off if there's a problem. Probably best though to fuse it independantly.

For wire colours, I believe the 650 has them stamped on the back of the plastic body of the brain.. if not, PM me and I'll digg the guide out.

You'll then need to program whichever output you have chosen to operate the lock wire for however many seconds it takes to close the windows.

If I remember correctly there is an output that can be activated as the alarm arms but I can't remember without checking the guides... it's been a while since I did one now
Adam C
Premium Member

24th Feb 10 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers stubs much appreciated

New Poll