corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa GSi Project (UPDATE!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa GSi Project (UPDATE!)
GSi Nicey

User status: Offline
   5th Mar 10 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi People,

I have been a premium member for the best corsa forum on the planet (corsasport) for almost a year. I thought i would upload some before and after pics of my gawjus pride and joy. i dont quite know what it has on it as i wasnt told but you will guess from the pics its had a fair bit done to it.

My car is an original GSi and not a replica, im trying to make it look as nice as possible without major changes as i wanna keep it genuine as the corsa gsi is now starting to become very rare.

it has standard gsi spec interior (MINT!) except a little tear on the drivers seat, it has a 1.6 16v gsi engine (C16XE) with a Manzel 4 Branch Inlet Manifold, 60mm Gmax Front, 30mm Gmax Rear, replaced the orange side repeaters with smoked ones . also made a few changes to the engine as you can see, this is still undergoing.

My car is in the spray shop as im having a full respray in GM flame red and having the roof, scuttle panel and bonnet done, when i bought the car it had a HUGE!! dent on the passengers side rear quarter which has now been takin out as you will see in the pics.

But bad news for me the bloke who took my car to spray it didnt really look after it, at first he was very keen on getting it all sorted for me.. He done the roof and bonnet for me and also rubbed down the whole car and then just left if for 6 MONTHS!! So in the end i got really pissed off about this so rung him up, got my keys back and took my beauty home where i decided im gonna do this all myself to show my hard work (I Have Never Done Anything Spraying Or Anything In My Life!) LOL

Feel free to comment as thats the reason for this post coz i would like to see what people think. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Day Before I Bought It

The Day I Started My New Life With My Pride & Joy

1st Thing I Decided Was The Main Thing To Sort Out.... THE DENT!! lol

A Week After Purchasing My Pride & Joy, She Goes For A Lil Holiday To Get The Dent Pulled Out And A Full Respray.. Thank God He Did A Good Job On The Dent Coz I Wernt Impressed With The Roof & The Bonnet.. You Will Notice Its Patchy And Rough/Bubbly

Now You Will See The Finished Job On The Dent! As You Can See Its Alot Better lol Also Got Pictures Of The Skin Inside The Car Behind Where The Dent Was Just To Prove Its No Bodge Job

Thats All My Car Saw After That FOR 6 MONTHS!! So Thats When I Decided Im Bringin My Baby Hope And Im Gonna Start Fresh And Do It All By Myself

I Have Never Refurb Or Painted Wheels In My Life! But His My 1st Ever Try

And Now Just Basically Getting All The Outside Preped & Ready For Spray

I Got Bored & Thought I Would Put On One Of The Wheels I Done To See What It Looks Like Plus My Homemade Depo's I Bought Off A Mate So Heres The Pics...

[Edited on 08-03-2010 by GSi Nicey]

[Edited on 08-03-2010 by GSi Nicey]
Eck
Premium Member

5th Mar 10 at 02:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a hell of a bang it's taken mate
Jenko_Sport

5th Mar 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without replaceing the panel that going be a hard task get straight
GSi Nicey

8th Mar 10 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
taylor2008

8th Mar 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi Nicey
ttt

why?

and good luck spraying the whole car with halfrauds rattle cans and in a damp /small garage.
imo you should of just got the rear quater done then good mop/polish ect on the rest of the car.
GSi Nicey

8th Mar 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha very funny.. im not spraying it with cans when it comes to its actual coat! i have a compressor all sorted! and its not damp actually! SORRY I DONT HAVA A LICENCE, TAX, MOT, AND AFFORD UNIT!
ecclesturbo

8th Mar 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what paint you usin for the car
GSi Nicey

9th Mar 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flame Red From Vauxhall Mate
ecclesturbo

9th Mar 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt mean that i meant are you using a 2 stage colour i.e top coat then laquer or just blasting it on with a gloss,if you are doing to with laquer id advise getting that garge dust free (well most) and hot!!

If you dont ur paint will sag and look crap
anthcorsa

9th Mar 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flame red ftw!...
GSi Nicey

9th Mar 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha yes DEFO FLAME RED FTW!!! .. Eccles - im thinking about the 2 stage but what would you suggest?? blasting or stage 2?
ecclesturbo

9th Mar 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your doin it in that gargae id stick with a gloss mate,alot easier. depends on how shiney you want the paint work etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa GSi Project (UPDATE!) 24 database queries in 0.0130579 seconds