corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Writing a CV...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Writing a CV...
Richie

User status: Offline
5th Mar 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lo all

The time has come to re-write my CV which I first did when I was 17 and I've been in the same job ever since. Being a complete plank back in the day - I look at my CV as it stands and think how the fuck did I even get the job with it

I am struggling to get words to paper and pissing about too much about what should be on the frist page - does everyone have a personal statement on their CV as this is where I'm struggling the most - what I'm typing just seems to be the run of the mill kinda stuff such as using the word "experienced"

ARRRGH!
Ellis

5th Mar 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What job you going for? Academic or experience based CV?
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Mar 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a personal statement on mine and it's all on one page. It's basically just a list of the qualifications I have and what jobs I've had

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
DC90

5th Mar 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to hand my CV into virgin media 2 weeks ago. Wasn't even a great CV to be honest. Had past jobs and what they involved, hobbies outside of work, all my qualifications.

Scored me an interview+got the job the next day! Result
Richie

5th Mar 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an IT consultant - when I came into the company it was basic helpdesk but I've been there 6 years now and basically do the same as a Technical Architect. The job I'm applying for now is pretty much the same but obviously my CV isn't tailored to what I do now - it's just the personal statement bit that I'm really struggling with but don't know if leaving it out would hamper it.

[Edited on 05-03-2010 by Richie]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Writing a CV... 24 database queries in 0.0080931 seconds