corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cheap e bay chips

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cheap e bay chips
beef27

User status: Offline
10th Mar 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone bought and fitted these cheap chips from germany £65 or sumert off ebay for their car and did it work or are they a waste of time
x14xe sport

10th Mar 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find the ones for 0.01p are better value
Corsa_Sport21

10th Mar 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just by a resistor and bridge the AFM yourself.lol.
andyc1234

10th Mar 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the resistor its a proper chip that you swap in the ecu like the let copy phase chips my mate bought one for his nova couldnt fit it though. the standard chip is in like a plastic holder that its soldered into and we couldnt get it out with completely manged it everytime we tried. unless you get the new chip into the holder somehow its waste of money. you could solder it pin for pin directly onto the board but by then we had lost our rag and fucked both the new and the old chip up
x14xe sport

10th Mar 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way to do it is by heating the old chip up with a heat gun to soften the solder, then place the new chip on and just give them a quick touch with a soldering iron on each leg but its very tricky and can suffer from dry joints that wont be apparent immeadiatly and could be fine for a month or two
andyc1234

10th Mar 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant get to the pins on the old chip though its encased in plastic the only way to get to them is by smashing the plastic off from around it. its a proper ball ache. we destroyed quite a few standard chips trying to get them separated
beef27

10th Mar 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might get a ecu to have a go on , not tryin on mine just incase i break it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cheap e bay chips 23 database queries in 0.0807140 seconds