corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa c16se Rio verde project slow

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa c16se Rio verde project slow
grubz172

User status: Offline
15th Mar 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought ide stick this up, some of use may have seen it on another forum, basically it started live as a 1.2 corsa premier but has been converted to the c16se engine from an mk3 astra gls, was told the shell shell was solid and would pass an mot easy but when i took it came back with 3 pages of failures, all brake pipes corroded, rust on back suspension mount, rust in boot, wheel bearings, brake pads, the list goes on but did most the work myself except the welding as i wanted this done professionally so it was solid and it passed,

heres how i got it,

My plans were basically de chav it ..

Put some Temporary wheels on the car as the other 17s were 50 profile and rubbed like f**k

Depos fitted

managed to pick up these off a member on here cheapish

fitted only lowered 40mm tho

3 months after mot the car was suffering from rust agian so set about putting a stop to it, first was te sill which didnt look to bad at first but when i started sanding it i decided it was to rotted and cut it out

firstly tacked in

the fully welded in and painted

now solid i undersealed the underneath of the whole car

got new shocks and springs fitted 60mm front 40 rear

thats it up to now

going to painting the spoiler as its the wrong shade of green and will be lowering it 60mm on rear

[Edited on 15-03-2010 by grubz172]

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by grubz172]
grubz172

23rd Mar 10 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow 83 views and no reply

quick update

got the car on ramps with front bumper off, wire brushed all rust and treated with kurust

Coated with underseal

Got some 2 litre brakes off stu c on here

fitted

now the brakes actually work

how it stands

Think i might go for some engine mods next and maybe a gsi bumper or post 97 sport bumper ?

also after a drivers door in rio verde as some tw*t bent the door back and took my sat nav and stereo.

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by grubz172]
am4nf

23rd Mar 10 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good defo wasnt lowered 40 before looked like a monster truck
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 02:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good start mate + another rio verde
grubz172

23rd Mar 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for comments, still a long way to go though
bally2010
Premium Member

3rd Apr 10 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks better in real life pictures make it look shitter ill bring my didgi cam up get some propper pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa c16se Rio verde project slow 24 database queries in 0.0096312 seconds