corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sell or Project?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sell or Project?
Miles_SXi

User status: Offline
16th Mar 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.2i 16v SXi I have just put on Classifieds.
Originally the plan was to sell as I'm fed up with it, had it 4 years!
But now, after coming on this site and seeing some nice Corsa's I'm thinking maybe a summer project is on the cards
Firstly, tidy up minor scuffs and surface rust around door, then lowered on Cavi GSi wheels, then eventually a bigger engine!

Is it easily done and how much would it cost roughly?

I'm just thinking it might not be worth selling as it previously was a Cat D so makes it worth probably £500! Worth keeping and making a project surely?

What's you guys opinions? Considering I am a complete dunce when it comes to this malarky!

Thanks
R Lee

16th Mar 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling puts some money back into your pocket and you no longer have to see it anymore.
Building it up as a project will drain your money, regardless of how cheap you manage to get your parts. Problems may arise and you would want to sell it again.

Adam_B

16th Mar 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell it but only if you can afford something you want to replace it with.

[Edited on 16-03-2010 by Adam_B]
Miles_SXi

16th Mar 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, know what you mean... I'm happy enough to keep it though aslong as I can get a bit of performance from it, as I work 2 miles from home so wont need to drive much!

Think I'd sell it for £500, then to be fair I can't afford anything much better! Know what you're saying though.

Does anyone know what I would pay roughly for a few scuffs to get sorted, cavi alloys, lowered and a new engine?

Edit: and a new horn...

[Edited on 16-03-2010 by Miles_SXi]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sell or Project? 23 database queries in 0.0111191 seconds