corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What Car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Car?
Corsa_Joel

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting rid of the company car asap ( 09 Focus Style, 1.6 tdi ) as they've decided to start charging us £200 a month for using it outside of work and I don't fancy paying that for a car that isn't mine.

Got a budget of about £3500, if the perfect car came along may up that to £3800 ish.

Don't usually do more than 150 miles a week, this may increase if im required to work away so needs to be half decent on fuel consumption.

I'm only 20 with 1 years no claims ( as ive been using the company car for a year and don't get no claims ) so has to be very insurance friendly.

So far i've mainly been looking out for a very clean Corsa C, 1.2 or 1.4 but struggling to find anything that really stands out, also considered a Saxo but been told mechanically they're not worth it as they're prone to faults.

Any ideas for other cars that fit the criteria would be much appreciated ?
Huwsi

23rd Mar 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get a descent Astra G for that kind of money
deano87

23rd Mar 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get a pretty clean 1.4 SRi Corsa C for that sort of money. Especially if you buy private.

But they say a 90ps 1.2 is just as good with better fuel economy.

tbh, if you only do 150 miles a week and occasionally do work miles, you don't need a derv.
noshua

23rd Mar 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facelift C
scottyp1989

23rd Mar 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH id rather pay the £200 to use the works car, dont have to worry about serviceing/repairs/mot then as its a fleet car so will be saving money in the long run
SR91

23rd Mar 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah after Insurance, Tax, Mot, servicing etc £1400 a year doesnt sound too bad for a new car you know.. Lets face it your insurance will be half that anyway..
lil_g

23rd Mar 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd either keep looking for a decent C to pop up or go for an Astra G mate. Although I'm biased

I've still got to take you out in both cars soon btw

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What Car? 23 database queries in 0.0559080 seconds