corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rs125 or MX 125??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rs125 or MX 125??
Mobby

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im really stuck. isit never to go off road or to go off road ??
cjohnson

24th Mar 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
I had an rs50, ran sweet. See pics in my garage, me and my dad rebuilt it for my 16th Birthday. Then traded my mate for the derbi senda 50 in my garage, my mate fit an 80 kit and a big card to the aprillia, and blew it up twice. I was gutted, he wrecked it! derbi was more fun though tbh.

Im debating whether to get a 125 too

Did you have any trouble with the Senda? I had the 125cc version and I always had trouble with the exhasut flange, apart from that it was a nice bike.

No mate, was a right shed as you can see in pics in my garage, but just ran and ran. The only things that worked were headlight and rear light, wired from alternator to come on when I started it. No indicators or brake light. Fun times . My mate seen it about though so must have sorted it for MOT etc after I sold it!
cjohnson

24th Mar 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mobby
Im really stuck. isit never to go off road or to go off road ??

go off road mate, more fun, can go everywhere on the mx can't you, pretty stuck with the rs.

Btw, how come you haven't replied to my u2u's mate? I'm after the gsi skirts and arches, and my mate wants the 2.0 16v brakes you have on ebay. We could collect any night. Just say when. My number is in the u2us.
Mobby

24th Mar 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry about not replying. I just always think they fetch more on ebay, sometimes maybe not.
22B

24th Mar 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get a road registered Motocross bike?, say something like a Yamaha YZ 125 or is there a HP limit on what you can ride? as the YZ 125 is around 36 bhp.
Mobby

24th Mar 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

11kw is the limit but is is hard to judge power by eye :wink:
22B

24th Mar 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
11kw is the limit but is is hard to judge power by eye :wink:

I see what your saying

The only problems I can see with having a jap motocross bike is the noise, the exhausts arent road legal as standard and the gearing.

My 2009 YZ 125 on standard gearing on a stretch of forestry road is out of gears very quickly, not sure what speed its doing but you use all them 6 gears in an instant. Easy enough to sort though, also would need enduro tyres or road tyres, and a daytime MOT unless you put lights on it.
Mobby

24th Mar 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't think you can use the off road bikes because they are on paper as 36bhp or something like that, so you can't get insured, were as the rs125 has two versions. a 11kw one and a 33bhp full power version. telling the difference is were the loop hole is x

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by Mobby]
fir3vip3r

24th Mar 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i don't think you can use the off road bikes because they are on paper as 36bhp or something like that, so you can't get insured, were as the rs125 has two versions. a 11kw one and a 33bhp full power version. telling the difference is were the loop hole is x

until it gets seized!
_Allan_

24th Mar 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then it's new pistons and rings.....

little 2 stroke joke for you all

fir3vip3r

24th Mar 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
then it's new pistons and rings.....

little 2 stroke joke for you all

Mobby

24th Mar 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

until it gets seized!

They wont look at it twice.
fir3vip3r

24th Mar 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

until it gets seized!

They wont look at it twice.

if your going over 70, you can bet they will
tom-corsa

25th Mar 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im thinking the reason is the mx125 dosnt hit 100 is because its either not full power, or they are just far from streamline unlike the rs125.

Dont want a dt, there too slow. if its gonna be pish slow id rather do my test but im sure owning a smoker again will be fun, and alot cheaper

It's gearing. There hardly pish slow would shit all over most cars up to about 70, mine did about 80 top end. And if your not a straight line warrior that's fast enough. At the end of the day mate your on L plates, if you want to do 100+ just do your test. Not that expensive really.
innes16v

26th Mar 10 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u wont want to hear this but, cagiva mito is the best 125 u can buy buddy, my Xreg 1 standard, beats my mates 57 plate rs125 (the slow engines)

imo get a old cagiva mito or a old rs125 there fast, but maybe ur not after speed...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rs125 or MX 125?? 23 database queries in 0.0120351 seconds