corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » redtops c20xe ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author redtops c20xe ?
jam91

User status: Offline
29th Mar 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am looking to buy a c20xe corsa b.

How come that every person i ask that i know, says to stay clear, and that there unreliable?

How reliable are they? (owners and previous owners)
Looking at spending around 2k on one.
What condition/milage shell & engine would i be looking to get at the £2k mark.

Any help would b much appreciated.
Cheers
Nic Barnes

29th Mar 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is built right it will be fine. Problem is, the engines were in cars from 1987 and a 23 year old engine may not be running at its best still. Mostly sensor faults which tbh would happen if engine was still in the car it left factory with. Ive had and built a few and havent really had any problems. Although building one yourself makes it easier to know what is what and how to fix stuff.
philip2

29th Mar 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As nic said, but ive rebuilt maybe 20 20xes and lets and touch wood mechanicaly there mint, but on a couple the crank sensor tends to go due to heat and cable breaking down from changing between cars but for the engne a fresh motor or one with history is best imo
dan-sport

30th Mar 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my engines been fine sine my conversion revs hard right to the limiter with no flat spots and i got mine with not much history, eml comes on when its been on for abit but it runs perfect
noshua

30th Mar 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like with any motor, pick a bad one and you going to have trouble with it. Friend of mine had one, gave it death all the time over 2 years and only had one problem with it (can't remember what it was but cost less than a tenner to fix).

They're reliable engines!
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the majority of problems people have on here where they buy a 20xe corsa and due to their own incompetance kick up a big fuss which give them a bad name. I got sick of reading help zone threads where some clueless person asks for help then doesnt listen because they dont even know what a spanner is. The amount of times wiring the ecu light up then checking the codes seems to get over looked and bad advice from others. Everyone assumes a coolant temp sensor can fix anything on these engines. Any way. Buy a known good one built with correct parts and it should be fine.
Fro

30th Mar 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, they are an old engine but if they have been looked after mechanically they will be sound. I didnt have any major problems when I had mine.
philip2

30th Mar 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ther one of the best engines built and used in all sorts but againg nics right, most people wont spend the money on doing job right or fit a mega milage motor xpecting it to be making good power when obv wudnt
Bidie

30th Mar 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates got one, perfect his, all propper mounts/ shafts, workes perfect cost him a grand, stay away from coilpack engines well slower then dizzy type
Kevxx

30th Mar 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bidie
Mates got one, perfect his, all propper mounts/ shafts, workes perfect cost him a grand, stay away from coilpack engines well slower then dizzy type

its not slower at all.
bubble

30th Mar 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had mine for 3 years in my corsa. no trouble at all.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer the coil pack engine or an early no lambda xe.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » redtops c20xe ? 23 database queries in 0.0140500 seconds