corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Combo B 1.7d Powahhh!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combo B 1.7d Powahhh!
Jay

User status: Offline
30th Mar 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought this as I do garden maintenance through the summer and was sick of shitting my vectra up with the mower etc, it had a properly tatty interior so I managed to get hold of a full GSi interior which I pick up on Friday when hes removed it from the car, also got two sport front seats but dunno which to put in yet... this is the result of about 3 hours work today, absolute ballache of a job and not looking forward to fitting the new one

Only made a project thread as I quite like this little van, its solid throughout with no real rust on it, and im tempted to fit a different engine to it after the summer and keep hold of it... will be trying to get as much info as possible on how to convert it... anyone know if a 1.6 sport engine will be any good in it? Worth all the hassle?
*JonnyG*

30th Mar 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick the Turbo diesel from astra in, don't get the GM 1 tho.
Jay

30th Mar 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*

Did read up on that but I think if I was goin to the hassle of changing the engine I'd rather change it to a petrol rather than another arl diesel engine
Jay

30th Mar 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few more pics from when I bought it...

Tatty interior, it was a hell of a lot worse than this picture makes out!
*JonnyG*

30th Mar 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
quote:

Did read up on that but I think if I was goin to the hassle of changing the engine I'd rather change it to a petrol rather than another arl diesel engine

But with the isuzu engine engine, you can wind the boost right up, and still have good mpg.
Jay

30th Mar 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jay
quote:

But with the isuzu engine engine, you can wind the boost right up, and still have good mpg.

Yeh thats what I read but then il have an unreliable noisey tractor engine dont get me wrong im a fan of the new diesel engines but just not these old ones.
Jay

31st Mar 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have been searching on mig for answers but haven't got anything concrete yet plus they only seem to be putting XEs in them.

I'm just after a bit of info on what I need to change to get it from Diesel to Petrol, I'm either going to go for the 1.6 or the 1.8 that DaveyLC had (have already spoke to him about a few things) just need to see which ones easier for a car novice!
cheekyalex

31st Mar 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be selling my 1.6 engine out my sport in the summer mate, comes with a rolling road print out of 121bhp and you know where i live so can come and hear the engine running before it gets taken out the car if you want.

nice to see a combo van project by the way, need to get some auto glym bumper car on those plastic arches

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Combo B 1.7d Powahhh! 24 database queries in 0.0111580 seconds