corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Quick pasta dishes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick pasta dishes
sc0ott

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any gordon ramsays on here?

Basically i want to start taking pasta to my work to have on my lunch break instead of boiled egg rolls / sandwichs all the time. im having troubles finding a good quick recipe. ive tried just making pasta and throughing in a jar of dolmio and waiting until its hot but needless to say that failed and the sauce tasted wayyyy to strong. (there was me thinking it would taste just like the sauce after you have made bolognaise, but it doesnt.

any quick guides on how to make a portion of pasta with an italian bolognaise sauce, which i can make the night before or morning before work and just re-heat using a microwave?

cheers.

this is in benefit of my putting on good weight diet for the gym.
Mad Moe

8th Apr 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally mix up a tin of Tuna with low fat mayonaisee, chopped mixed peppers, some cayenne pepper and a 100g of whole wheat Fusilli. Takes all of 10 minutes to make a tastes quite nice
sc0ott

8th Apr 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats another thing, im quite picky with what i eat. i was thinking along the lines of some twisty pasta in a bolognaise sauce with chopped peppers, sweetcorn and maybe a few other vegs. its getting a sauce that wont taste too strong.
Limecat
Banned

8th Apr 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chop up feta cheese and ham, lob it in with cooked but cooled pasta, add pesto, olives, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.

Best is that it is lovely cold and that will give you the Italian taste you are seeking.
sc0ott

8th Apr 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont like cheese, haha.

maybe i should have listed the things i dont like before hand, lol.
Jill
Premium Member

8th Apr 10 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Chop up feta cheese and ham, lob it in with cooked but cooled pasta, add pesto, olives, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.

Best is that it is lovely cold and that will give you the Italian taste you are seeking.

Mmm this sounds nice, well apart from the feta (don't eat dairy atm) I may try this tomorrow as I bought a jar of green pesto yesterday

As for quick pasta dishes I'd have the tuna and wheat pasta- tuna for the protein and pasta for the carbs. It also tastes nice (in a weird way) with the red or green pesto (pesto is an acquired taste though) if you don't like mayo.

JILL
Limecat
Banned

8th Apr 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
dont like cheese, haha.

maybe i should have listed the things i dont like before hand, lol.

Do you not like any cheese?

Feta isn't like common cheese due to it's texture and it is salty as it is preserved in brine. You could substitute ricotta to maintain the aesthetics as it is a very bland cheese.

If you really won't go near any cheese, you could have it without or replace it with chicken, tuna, prawns, mussels, scallops etc?
sc0ott

8th Apr 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont like any cheese, they all reek.

pasta, chicken, sweet corn and peppers sounds tasty. would that be fine plain or with a sauce?

also, after pasta is cooked and then fridged after its cooled a little, how long can you keep it fridged for?
say i wanted to make it on the sunday, can i fridge it for 5 days and each day take a portion and just heat up in the microwave?
sc0ott

9th Apr 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found a beauty. tescos do these lunch time tubs and theres one called spicey chicken and pasta. tastes really gid.
noshua

11th Apr 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pasta and dolmio sauce is nice - just don't put too much sauce in or it tastes too strong - as you said. Try it again but don't add as much sauce this time

PS: Waiting until it's hot? Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, whack some sauce in and keep the heat on 1/2, stir for 30-60seconds and eat. Job done.

edit; Char-grilled chicken pasta from Tesco

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by noshua]
sc0ott

12th Apr 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll give it another go and this time i'll through in some chopped peppers along with less sauce.

come to think of it i just drained the pasta and poured a jar of dolmio in and stirred.

i tried the chargrilled one yesterday cold and i never though it was that good. maybe its better hot.
corsa_godfather

12th Apr 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chicken sushi from tesco hits the spot had that today
sc0ott

12th Apr 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was looking at that one day, but that wouldnt touch the sides, lol. im trying to put on some weight so once i have my recipe sorted, the portions i will be taking will be massive. i can eat a lot but my metabolism just burns it off for fun. i can lose weight easier than gaining, which is annoying.
JonnyJ

12th Apr 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have this problem Scott
noshua

13th Apr 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
i'll give it another go and this time i'll through in some chopped peppers along with less sauce.

come to think of it i just drained the pasta and poured a jar of dolmio in and stirred.

i tried the chargrilled one yesterday cold and i never though it was that good. maybe its better hot.

I've never had it cold, always warm it up in the microwave at work

A full jar? With the normal size jar you can get at least 3 portions out of it - that's with a decent sized portion of pasta! No wonder it tasted shit
sc0ott

13th Apr 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cold is pretty shit compared to hot.

yes a full jar lol. big mistake.

i was in one of my 'in the mood to try something a little different', so i made my usual spag bolognaise but with 6 chopped green chillies. this went completely tits up from the start. i couldnt eat much because my tastepuds tasted nothing but chillies and, well i couldnt get this off my fingers after washing them numerous times. my nostrils were burning because i touched them, my dick was burning and various parts of the other half were burning. not going to say what but you should work that one out, lol.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Quick pasta dishes 24 database queries in 0.0118120 seconds