corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Possibly getting a new car, but which one out of these

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Possibly getting a new car, but which one out of these
big eck

User status: Offline
14th Apr 10 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never driven any of the ones listed apart from the Fiesta Zetec-S TDCi which I own and I must say its one of the best cars i've owned for what I need it for. Costs £30 a year tax, £190 insurance fully comp and i've seen 130mls to a tenner driving it like a granny. Plus they look great imo altho mine has the full ST bodykit.
Bullet Proof SRi

14th Apr 10 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Never driven any of the ones listed apart from the Fiesta Zetec-S TDCi which I own and I must say its one of the best cars i've owned for what I need it for. Costs £30 a year tax, £190 insurance fully comp and i've seen 130mls to a tenner driving it like a granny. Plus they look great imo altho mine has the full ST bodykit.

They are slow tough arent they?? i have a 1.2 corsa and would like somthing quicker i feel, what do they go like with a box on

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by Bullet Proof SRi]
A2H GO

14th Apr 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Proof SRi
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
I swopped my Cooper S for an Astra 150 CDTi, like you i only do around 9k a year but just wanted the lower running costs after the Mini.

Much to my surprise i get around 60 miles to £10 in the Astra which is exactly the same as i was getting in the Cooper S, same routes and driving style. Possibly due to needing to comute further or include motorways to benefit from the Diesel. Insurance didnt change either despite it being 4 groups lower as Greelight said it came within the same BHP band.

Also, because its not within warrently and having read no end of stories around EGR, Swirl Flaps, Dual Mass Flywheels, Gearbox's and Clutches failing i think im going to sell. Also had to have the cambelt/Water Pump done last week as one of the pulleys started rattleing(54k miles) and not sure if i could afford for any of the above parts to fail, hence buying a diesel in the first place.

Regardless its still a nice car to drive.

[Edited on 13-04-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]

So in actual fact your mini cooper s was wuite good on fuel, and not too bad on the insurance.

The bits in red worry me alot though

The cooper S used to read 28-29mpg wheras the Astra reads 41-42mpg yet they both do around 60 miles to £10.

And yes all the parts that are known to fail are not cheap(£800-£1500 each exc EGR which is around £110), definately get one under warrenty as they are still building the new ones with the old parts but when they fail, Vaux are replacing them with modified parts under warrenty.

Although you will struggle to get one less than 3 years old for £7-7500, you're looking more around £9-9500.

Ive been thinking about taking out an aftermarket warrenty for £22 a month but no doubt none of the above parts will be covered if they fail.

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
l15ter

14th Apr 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Astra SRI CDTI 150 XP.

big eck

14th Apr 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Proof SRi
quote:
Originally posted by big eck

They are slow tough arent they?? i have a 1.2 corsa and would like somthing quicker i feel, what do they go like with a box on

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by Bullet Proof SRi]

There not slow mate, a hell of a lot quicker than a 1.2 corsa anyways, plus a £400 remap takes them upto 120+bhp and 200lbft of torque which is just as quick as a 106gti.
markx14xe

14th Apr 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

astra
Anty
Premium Member

14th Apr 10 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fabia vrs

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Possibly getting a new car, but which one out of these 23 database queries in 0.0136871 seconds