corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice needed ( 2.0 16v Tb's)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice needed ( 2.0 16v Tb's)
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
17th Apr 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well after being on the big bhp vag side of things with big turbos and rebuilding engine im wanting to try something new and differ....

Im Keepin the Cupra R as a day to day family car but want something i can build up and use just for pure fun and nothing else...Anyway im desiding on N/a Forms of throttle bodies,Ive done the turbo side of things so want something that is high reving and a hoot to drive...

The car will be a white nova which it will be going in and will be made super light .....What im asking when rebuilding the c20xe what parts are a must for uprating and renewing while its in bits or is it just fully rebuild it?

also What type tb/carbs will be good..
lostboy
Banned

17th Apr 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would highly recomend ARP rods bolts and con rods high compression pistons and mad cams (a mate of mine has a throttle bodied valver based on SBD's phase 6 engine just doesn't have the dry sump kit) get the block bored out too to increase the CC to a 2.1 lots of head work vernier pulleys and be sure to get the crank checked and maybe balanced. Jenvey throttle bodies are good but expensive SBD do their own kit but they're not as good as the likes of Jenvey and don't even think about Dblias throttle bodies as they're just half arsed throttle bodies for kids.

Edit: Good exhaust system will help alot too.

[Edited on 17-04-2010 by lostboy]
Nic Barnes

17th Apr 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont sbd use jenvey throttle bodies pal?

edited as i didnt realise i had typed it in caps didnt want to sound angry.

[Edited on 17-04-2010 by Nic Barnes]
lostboy
Banned

17th Apr 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point, maybe they do.
Nic Barnes

17th Apr 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could use bike bodies.

tbh, you have to asses what your budget is. you really really need a really good exhaust manifold aswell as the tb's on a std engine if you want 190+ bhp
dhdev

17th Apr 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd stick the TB's on a standard XE with just the ARP rod bolts, spend the money on handling/LSD/brakes and cane the arse off it on a regular basis. 190-200bhp is plenty of power in a stripped nova and if/when it goes bang, a few hundred quid will get you a new XE and another set of rod bolts.

I'd recommend the SBD tapered bodies (which are Jenvey) along with one of their exhaust manifolds.

[Edited on 17-04-2010 by dhdev]
DaNnY_LaD

18th Apr 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys..

id be looking around the £2,000 mark tbh maybe more as i wont be in an rush to get it done...But i have a feeling id get bored of the power....As i was alway the on for Power and chaseing it for that matter...

Im going to try and source a Xe which is cheap and fully rebuild it up...How light can the novas get?once fully stripped...
lostboy
Banned

18th Apr 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a Nova that was down to around the 640KG (I think) mark but that was with carbon fibre doors bonnet and tailgate, a hatchback Nova weighs 735kg (GTE and GSi weigh 100 more due to the extra goodies)

I dare say if you stripped everything out and had plastic windows and a carbon fibre bonnet if funds allowed you could hit just under 700.

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by lostboy]
lostboy
Banned

18th Apr 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also you say £2000, what's that for? All mods or throttle bodie kit? You wouldn't have much change from £2000 after buying a decent new throttle bodie kit.
DaNnY_LaD

18th Apr 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no £2000 for the kit and mapped ect thats what i would budget for..

How do R1 carbs compare the goal is to make it super light what is the bhp/tonne on something like a nova with 200bhp?
dhdev

18th Apr 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My nova weighed sub 625kg's before I split it recently. It had FG bonnet, boot, wings and significant strategic lightening. You could definately get them sub 600kgs with lighter wheels etc. Most big blocks are closer to 700kgs fully stripped. Even at 800kgs and maintaining a heater and dashboard you'd still have a healthy 250bhp/ton with a 200bhp XE.
DaNnY_LaD

18th Apr 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dhdev

Im Just gonna fully build up a xe with tbs first then get a nova im in no rush todo this its just i need to take my mind of the leon...

plus i just need to find a cheap xe now...

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by DaNnY_LaD]
dhdev

18th Apr 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could just buy my TB'd 193bhp 1.6 16v
DaNnY_LaD

18th Apr 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol I fancy a Xe tbh..

Ive been offered a cheap xe bottom end fully of someone of mig...

out of interest what needs to be done to make it a let as the xe & let heads are the same aint they?
lostboy
Banned

18th Apr 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Low comp pistons and a turbo (along with manifold obviously) XE inlet cam and LET exhaust cam I think.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice needed ( 2.0 16v Tb's) 23 database queries in 0.0155032 seconds