corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Fob has died

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Fob has died
dannymccann

User status: Offline
19th Apr 10 at 05:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it needs a new battery. Are they just watch battery size or is there a particular one I need? And also how do I open the key without wrecking it or it not going back together. Or if I take the battery out will it need re-programming or something stupid like that by a Tech 2?

Mk4 Astra
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most fobs have a small dent along the shut line somewhere that you can fit a 2p in and twist
( if its not screwed together )

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
djedstar

19th Apr 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you fit a new battery be very careful not to snap the battery holder off the circuit board very common problem with these keys once you have fitted a new battery to reset it all you have to do is put the key in the ignition to number 2 position before starting position and hold lock the car will then lock and unlock itself then your key will work as it should
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cr2302 normally can borrow one off the motherboard of a PC if you want to test
MarkSport

19th Apr 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r.i.p
Toby
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 6 off the market for £1, they were all in a legitimate packet etc so will last, this ones been in 8 months and still going strong

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Fob has died 24 database queries in 0.0112700 seconds