corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Over taxed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Over taxed
Ojc

User status: Offline
19th Apr 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this country more and more, month by month.

Got my payslip through Saturday morning expecting to see a nice little increase due to a pay rise to see that I'm actually £100 down

Basic wage paid in is up to what it should be but HMRC see fit to change my tax code to BR/0 and make sure that the bone idle and single mothers in flats can go out down the 'offy and get some blue WKD for a bangin Friday night with the other single mums in her tower block.

Now I can live without £100 until they sort it and it seems that the complete fucking retards believe I have more than one job because I'm still registered as working at Pearl, yes that's right! Pearl being the parent company of Scottish Provident whom I have worked for, for the past 11 years and before Pearl it was Abbey and since Pearl it's been Resolution & now Royal London so they see fit to change it 11 years down the line and 4 takeovers later. Good to see HMRC are on the ball

I laugh now, but I can see this one dragging out until the end of the year and me still being £100 down each month.

I fucking love this country I really do, take your money now ask questions later and delay paying it back as long as possible.

pow
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I commented about this on Facebook mate, 2 things:

Either, go INTO your local office and have it out with them

OR

Write a VERY strongly worded letter.

It will get sorted, they will just drag their heels. I started phoning every day when they owed me over £200, they soon refunded
Tommy L

19th Apr 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been a computer error at HMRC. A lot of people are in the same boat as you and had their tax codes changed to BR i'm afraid.

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by Tommy L]
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I did see your comments but I couldn't really give an answer until I had spoken to HMRC today.

I don't want the tax back in dribs and drabs either, I want it back in full. It's my money not theirs or any other fucking cunt who sees fit to claim benefits and hinder my ability to save my maximum amount that I should have been doing.
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
There has been a computer error at HMRC. A lot of people are in the same boat as you and had their tax codes changed to BR i'm afraid.

Computer error? Is that what they call it? I call bollocks and they need a few quid to tie them over for a couple of months so fuck up everyones codes.
Fro

19th Apr 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emergency tax code. They should give it back in one go but you will need to chase them.
Matt L

19th Apr 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Tom said their computers have sent out loads of wrong tax codes lately we have even been sent the same wrong ones a few times now, they just tell us to be patient the correct ones will be out soon.

As for now depending on situation why not just go to your payroll dept and just tell them you shouldnt be on it as this is your only job and can they put you back on what you were (or atleast the emergancy one) until they send out the corrected one.
DaveyLC

19th Apr 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L

Computer error? Is that what they call it? I call bollocks and they need a few quid to tie them over for a couple of months so fuck up everyones codes.

Its a government IT system, you dont actually expect it to run smoothly do you?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to check my fucking payslip, cunts
Fro

19th Apr 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure my company does their IT so i wouldnt expect it to work tbh
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some crank just said that the BR code actually means

BROWNS RETIREMENT

He knows he is going in a couple weeks time so has fucked everyone over
Ben G

19th Apr 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will go fucking ape shit if my tax code has changed

£117 tax last week, and thats just tax, every fecking week.

add NI on to that and your looking at £170 a week to pay for the dole scum.
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
As Tom said their computers have sent out loads of wrong tax codes lately we have even been sent the same wrong ones a few times now, they just tell us to be patient the correct ones will be out soon.

As for now depending on situation why not just go to your payroll dept and just tell them you shouldnt be on it as this is your only job and can they put you back on what you were (or atleast the emergancy one) until they send out the corrected one.

BR is emergency tax code, you are being tax with no allowances.

It's nowt to do with our payroll, it's HMRC who put 2 and 2 together to make 5 and just tax me more.
pow
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BR is emergancy tax, but, if you work 2 jobs, like I did, I had a proper tax code of my main job and then BR for my second job.
ed

19th Apr 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info. I was trying to figure out why I got taxed an absolute fuck load!
pow
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gunna double check mine now acutally *runs off to bank*
deano87

19th Apr 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am owed about £40 NI though and will be sending my P60 along with letter to the local HMRC office.

I'd be really skint if they taxed me any more

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by deano87]
ed

20th Apr 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Casual work FTL, they think I have 3 jobs
MJFF88

20th Apr 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dads fairly high up in the whole tax "business" so I could maybe ask him to take a look at it for you right now, assuming hes not in a meeting. Regularly doing me favours
Ojc

20th Apr 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's happened to loads of people, Ed included.
mattk

20th Apr 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was on emergancy tax paying 200 quid a week tax, im now on JSA and could do with any dosh im owed, how do i go about getting it if i dont have a job?
Blade_sri

20th Apr 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last year i was payed for 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks and there took tax off me like i was payed for 2 weeks.... should i get this back this month? or will i have to chase it myself?
M4tt_Envoy

20th Apr 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the feeling, i got a 3000 loyalty bonus this month. on top of my 3000 salary, my tax and national insurance was just over 2k

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Over taxed 23 database queries in 0.0667250 seconds