corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 2.0 16v Redtop *price drop*

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 2.0 16v Redtop *price drop*
Cavyman130

User status: Offline
20th Apr 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I think its that time, I have had the cavalier for the last year and a half and to say its been a great car to me would be an understatement! I will truly be sad to see her go but I have just got myself a cavalier V6 so sadly the SRi is up for grabs, if I could afford to run both I would most definitely be keeping it.

The car has just been Mot'd at the start of the month which it passed first time with no advisories so it has a full years mot which expires April 2011. The car has also been taxed for 6 months as of 01/04/10. The car also flew through its last mot, again with first time with no advisories.

So here is a description of the car:

Engine:

It is the later coil pack 2.0 16v XE better known as the redtop engine, mileage is currently showing as 162,000 but rest assured there is no need to put off by the miles as the car comes with a full service history and a dyno graph to prove a very healthy 156bhp. it truly has been a well looked after car, I had the cambelt, tensioners and water pump changed at 157,000 with receipts to prove and it has just been serviced last week, new plugs, leads, oil, oil filter, coolant change and a K&N panel filter fitted.
The car has never gave me any troubles and it starts and stops first time every time. During my ownership the car has been serviced every 6 months with the oil being changed every 3000-4000 miles. Everything has been looked after the way it should be and it truly shows in the cars condition.

While owning the car its had a few new parts on it:

Cambelt, Tensioners and water pump at 157,000
New Sump and Sump Gasket
New Front and Rear wheel Bearings
New Rear Discs and Pads
New Handbrake Cables
New Fuel Lines
New Fuel Tank
New Rear Brake Flexi's
New Front Bottom arms
New Front CV joints + CV boots.
New Rocker Cover Gasket
New Engine Temp sensor
New Camshaft oil seals
Cleaned out the throttle body and all hoses
Changed gearbox oil, power steering fluid and brake fluid.
New Front Windscreen.

The car also has a full free flowing exhaust system on it which has been coupled to a standard looking back box to try and retain its standard look.

Suspension + Brakes:

The car's original front brakes have been upgraded for Vectra V6 288mm Discs along with pads and calipers.
The Rear discs and pads have been replaced with Genuine GM parts.
The car has also been lowered -35mm on PI springs.

Wheels + Tyres:

The car is fitted with fanblade alloys which are finished in Titanium silver, tyres all round are good with plenty of tread on them.

Drivetrain:

F20 Gearbox which has had recent oil change

Interior:

Front and Rear Calibra Leather Interior.
SRi Door Cards
Front electric windows
electric mirrors
Manual sunroof
Rear heated windscreen
New horn fitted.

Exterior:

The car is finished in Glacier White, the paintwork is in good condition, I polish and wax the car weekly without fail and have done since I have owned the car, the paint finish truly is lovely once buffed up! the rear arches are solid and intact but are just starting to show some slight bubbling and there is a blister formed on the passenger rear arch, there is also some rust coming through on the drivers front wing but overall the car is in very good condition, it is 17 years old after all. Underneath the car is solid,I have had the car fully undersealed each year to maintain this and I think it really shows the condition of the car! most importantly it has never been welded.

Now for the bad points, as you can understand the car is 17 years old and gets used daily so obviously its gonna have the odd thing here and there:

wear on drivers seat bolster
slight bubbling on the rear arches with a blister formed on the rear passenger one.
electric aerial not working (never bothered me so just left it)
couple of light scratches and the odd parking ding on the bodywork
Front Grille is a bit loose but not noticeable.
very slight oil leak from the sump, these are very common to go on the XE engines.
Engine taps from cold but once heated it quietens down, again another thing common with the XE, doesn't affect performance in any way.
Front bumper sits slightly down at one side but again its hardly noticeable.
gear linkage could do with being adjusted, 5th can be a bit fiddly sometimes.

The car is based in Dunfermline, Fife!

I am looking for around £1100

Thanks for looking

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 2.0 16v Redtop *price drop* 25 database queries in 0.0124810 seconds