corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b 1.2 problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b 1.2 problem
kieran collanz

User status: Offline
21st Apr 10 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its running very lumpy at start and smelling of petrol. and then it goes after a minute or two, was running fine like that in till to day. when i was driving at low revs it would judder and hardly move at all when pressing the accelerator it bogs down and more less dies it was then unable to drive and there was funny smell cant describe it was like a burning smell. and then i checked the plugs they were covered in oil.

any help would be much appreciated
kieran collanz

21st Apr 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumppppp
josh1ne

22nd Apr 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem with my car, at first i thought it was the egr valve which i took off and cleaned fully. try that first, if the problem is still occuring it might be the accelerator, mine kept stikkin at the throttle body and wouldnt tik over was very lumpy cuz the valve was feked, dunno why.. got a new one though and its run perfect since
kieran collanz

23rd Apr 10 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you use to clean your egr valve mate?
any more ideas any one?

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by kieran collanz]
Vivasam

23rd Apr 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carb. cleaner does a good job, even allowing it to soak overnight in petrol will do the same job.
icv valve could be sticking as well, give this a clean, there is also a how to on here for this job, or it is on corsab.co.uk Do the cost free stuff first, but this could be an air flow, temperature sensor problem. Unplug the map sensor, and see if car will start.
arizona ste

24th Apr 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few problems it sound slike it could be the egr valve or the throttle body but last time i had this problem i went through all that and found out that if you take your bottom pully of (crank) there is like a notch which keeps the pully connected and spinning properly cant remember the name now but it was broken and just getting a grip and every time you put your foot to the floor it would bog down and cut out to get the revs up you need 2 put them on slowly so try this
kieran collanz

26th Apr 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is the map sensor located?
Vivasam

26th Apr 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The map sensor is located along the bulkhead, usually very close to the expansion tank. If the car runs ok with it, then the air flow meter will be fine. If it does not, then the afm could well be on the way out. Let us know what happens.
kieran collanz

27th Apr 10 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awh right will try that in the morning striped the carb to day and cleaned it seems to be running alot smoother. but still using alot of fuel and juggering when on low revs sometimes when driving now it feels that something is holding it back and its not doing the speed it should be if that makes sense. and i clean the tps. still not right though.
kieran collanz

27th Apr 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car started fine with map sensor disconnected.
Vivasam

27th Apr 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now try disconnecting the cam sensor, with the map re attached. If it still runs ok, replace and try to start with the crank sensor disconnected.
It might be the map sensor at fault, but best to check the cam and crank sensors first.
kieran collanz

28th Apr 10 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are those sensors located?
Vivasam

28th Apr 10 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cam sensor is inside the top cam cover, crank sensor is underneath the car.
Forgot to say that you should unplug the airflow meter, or temperature sensor and try to start the car. If your car has an airflow meter, it will be on the tubing from the airbox, towards the inlet manifold. If it is a temperature sensor, this is located on the airbox itself. If the car fails to start, then suspect the airflow/temperature sensor as your fault. Do this first, then the cam and crank sensors.
kieran collanz

29th Apr 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car starts fine with the temp sensor disconnected will try the other two tomorrow and let you know

New Poll