corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » helppp corsa 1.4 8v sri

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author helppp corsa 1.4 8v sri
nrgdd70
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 10 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have a 1.4 8v sri corsa i used to get 55 miles to a fiver wich isnt the best but now its doing half that on double the money eg put a 10er in and it duz beetween 20 30 miles and its out of juice, thats driving at a sensible speed too,,help please thanks guys
Ant B

22nd Apr 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lambda sensor might be on its way out
nrgdd70
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try that first any other ideas what it coould be ??
am4nf

22nd Apr 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remeber for £10 your only getting 8 litres with the price of fuel
nrgdd70
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well true lol even when i put 15 liters in its still crap on juice
gidged500
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say lambda sesnor like ant b or if your doing short trips that will afect the economy
grez12

23rd Apr 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant even get 55miles out of £5 in my 12v unless on a motorway for miles
nrgdd70
Premium Member

27th Apr 10 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swapped lambo sensor still no diff looked at the plugs they were all charred up proper blackend<<< is thyis overfueelin??? that will be next to change i think the plugs
Vivasam

27th Apr 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need new plugs, but the reason they are black and charred is that your mixture is too rich. Is the car running as normal, or is it a bit rough, not idling properly?
I think your car is running in los or get you home mode, have you noticed lack of power, etc.? Disconnect the map sensor, and see if the car starts. If it doesn't then the air flow meter is not functioning properly. If it has a temerature sensor outside or instead of a air flow meter, then suspect that it is on the blink. Get back with some more details on how it is running, etc. Remember, if it is running too rich, then it can cause major harm to the cat.
nrgdd70
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so changed the plugs and as before starts first turnm of the key i have noticed when i come to traffic lights and depress the clutch the engine cuts out??? also the car has a decat pipe full stainless so cat cant be harmed there. sometimes it feels like theres nothing there at all asthough shes holding back??? car runs very rough even hot or cold?>??? thanks
Vivasam

28th Apr 10 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be any of the sensors that are on the blink. Main culprits are:Maf or air flow meter, and map sensor. Disconnect the map sensor, see if the car runs the same. Then disconnect the Maf or airflow sensor, and see if the car will start. If the car does not run with one or the other disconnected suspect is the one which doesn't start the car. Do the same with the following: cam sensor and crank sensor. Look to see if car has a temperature sensor, this is usually in the airflow meter or maf, if the car has one of these. If the car still runs after doing the above checks, the coolant sensor could be at fault, you will need to check out the power to it, and have a Haynes manuel and a multi meter.

Probably the biggest culprit will be the egr valve, or the icv valve. Clean both as per the forum how to or faq. Also clean the throttle body first, then the tps, throttle position sensor.
Always do the freebies first, the ones that cost nothing but your time, like egr etc. If your problem is not sorted with them, then a sensor or sensors may be the fault.

New Poll