corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Job seeker, 21, with 3 A-levels and 10 GCSEs, kills herself after she was rejected for 200 jobs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Job seeker, 21, with 3 A-levels and 10 GCSEs, kills herself after she was rejected for 200 jobs
sand-eel

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo a load of rubbish about ending it over jobs. Its still piss easy to get supermarket/ mcdonalds jobs and its piss easy to become a teacher too because there is such a lack of them with her qualifications she could get into a teaching course no problem.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but what you dont realise is because she went to uni her expectations were that she would land in some 30k a year job
3CorsaMeal

23rd Apr 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my summary would have to be "what a plonker"
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly the social expectations generated by these uni idiots is ridiculous, and its getting worse as people try and out do each other all the time.

If you're not a rugby player, or drive an audi, or own a field of horses you simply aren't good enough, FFS when i was at college people werent driving around in fucking audi's we had renault 19's and nova sr's ffs
ed

23rd Apr 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A permenant solution to a temporary problem.
sand-eel

23rd Apr 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes, but what you dont realise is because she went to uni her expectations were that she would land in some 30k a year job

Her fault for dropping out and trying to get "keep the money in" jobs, she should have started a teaching course at uni straight after.

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by sand-eel]
Rob_Quads

23rd Apr 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Honestly the social expectations generated by these uni idiots is ridiculous, and its getting worse as people try and out do each other all the time.

Its not jut the unis. The whole, "everyone should go to uni" policy of labour has made people think they can go to uni and get a high $$ job
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they anger me and im ready to fight every single uni person in the country over this if needs be
ed

23rd Apr 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll fight you for a cheese burger.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo mate, you're one of my mates today
Nick-S

23rd Apr 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad story. I hate signing on but i dont think id kill myself over it. It does get dishatening though.

Ive probly applied for 50+ jobs in the last 2 months or so. Its worst when u dont even get a reply with a no.
Limecat
Banned

23rd Apr 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ some of the stuff in here!

If ANYONE gets knocked back for a job for being 'over-qualified' that is an excuse, just do not declare your qualifications for fucks sake. Steven Hawkins is on paper 'over-qualified' for washing bogs but if he turned up at an interview having talked down his CV he wouldn't get the fucking job - simple.

Anyone killing themself is a selfish cunt. 'Oooh, I am so unhappy at not having a job - I know, I will kill myself so that people are MORE unhappy at not having a son/daughter/girlfriend etc!'

I had all that career bullshit when I was at school, I was a lazy cunt that walked exams in my sleep. I went to college and did the same, I was ready to commit to 7 years at UNI. Then I started driving. Bollocks to going to lessons when I can be doing over 100 MPH in my Nova GTE or my Renault 5 Turbo down some country lane. That was my passion at that time, no careers advisor can change who I am.

In some respects, learning to drive really fucked my life up but if I could turn back the clock would I take the same path? Fucking hell yes.
lostboy
Banned

23rd Apr 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

In some respects, learning to drive really fucked my life up but if I could turn back the clock would I take the same path? Fucking hell yes.

No, touching kids and getting caught fucked your life up, you driving fucked up alot of other peoples lives
Limecat
Banned

23rd Apr 10 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

No, touching kids and getting caught fucked your life up, you driving fucked up alot of other peoples lives

They were 16 orifice, I mean officer! *HIC* No I haven't been driving under the alfluance of incahol.
Hammer

24th Apr 10 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get the feeling they are blaming this on the 'credit crunch'. There are workers with degrees that have been at firms for decades without a job at the minute never mind a girl with some school qualifications.
Limecat
Banned

24th Apr 10 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You get the feeling they are blaming this on the 'credit crunch'. There are workers with degrees that have been at firms for decades without a job at the minute never mind a girl with some school qualifications.

Amen.

TBH, she wasn't trying if 200 job applications got her fuck all. Plenty of agencies out there that want workers, they don't give a shit about qualifications as they are earning off their back.
TheCrow

25th Apr 10 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone who has posted negative comments actually come from lancashire and know how bad the job situation is?

I can't comment on there, but im in lincolnshire and its just as shite. I've been out of work now for 2 years, applied for everything andf anything, and before you say yes ive tried agencies for shitty jobs too.

Nobody wants to know. Why take on a normal working english person when you can employ some foriegn fuck who is gonna works three times harder for the same money.

It's a shame she topped herself but I can kinda appreciate why. Whats the point in carrying on when life's that fucking bad, it's not exactly gonna get any better the way the country is going.

aim1

25th Apr 10 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, whats all this bullshit about students. She wanted to be a dinner lady and work her way up as a teaching assistant. If thats not a realistic ambition vs qualifications then I don't know what is. People that dont go to uni get this complex about those that do, if you're not ready for the real world why not have the best few years of your life there.. and then focus on a career. I know people from both sides, successfull and unsuccessfull, and the only real difference is that the non uni lot have had a few extra years with the weight of the world on them.
mattk

25th Apr 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in shit street atm, I have 2 CVs

the first has all my plumbing qualifications, I have absolutly everything I can have qualification wise, Im even a first aider but there is simply NO vacancys in my area at all (within 60 miles)

my 2nd CV is utter bullshit thats made up so that I am able to apply for non skilled work in shops, labourer ect I cant see a shop taking on a time served plumber

I applied for 25 jobs last week, heard fuck all back yet

my first time to sign on is on thursday, I NEED summat by then, signing on is fucking grim

[Edited on 25-04-2010 by mattk]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Job seeker, 21, with 3 A-levels and 10 GCSEs, kills herself after she was rejected for 200 jobs 23 database queries in 0.0078299 seconds