corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can anyone help!?! please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can anyone help!?! please
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
   26th Apr 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently bought a new Corsa, and the owner before me, put those angel/halo ring headlights ( ATM or a make similar to that maybe lol) and bodged them slightly ( wrapped foil around the bare wires where he'd bridged them etc ) as you do!?!

Basically the problem I am havng with them is that they just wont work! i was having issues like one sidelight and one headlight on, then just one of the rings would flicker etc! now its got to a point where the indicators on headlights, side-repeters and taillights stay on (not flashing just constant orange) my front fog lights do nothing and for some reason the Blue light on the dash that shows your full beams are on, stays lit?! also at one point my two headlights bulb were just about glowing.

I checked all the fuses, re wired the headlights and still no joy! The sub is making funny noises so it might be worth me checking the earth lead for that as he fitted that too, part from that does anyone have any ideas?! Need opinions before i leave work as i have no access to internet either!

Also i wnet over a speed bump and it made them all work normally for about 1-2 seconds, so it cant be a relay like people have been telling me

Thanks

Ryan
scottyp1989

26th Apr 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rib em out and start again with them TBH mate but make sure your connections are good, either that or put standards back in
Drift_Erm

26th Apr 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i have done, i dont know if he has pissed around with the wires further back which will be LONG , i will give it a go putting my mates standard ones in, if that fixes it i know what i gotta do

mike56gte

26th Apr 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put standards in look better IMO anyway
Drift_Erm

26th Apr 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you reckon? see i like the standard tinted style headlights! what are the Depo ones like, pretty decent?
Drift_Erm

27th Apr 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried putting standard lights in, it made no difference, put i DTM ones or what ever they were into my friends corsa any they were fine?!? So at the moment i just have my indicators lit up all the time when my lights are on, but when i hit some bumps they change back to normal. Any suspesions on where this loose connection could be as it isnt at the headlights!!
Drift_Erm

27th Apr 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i have checked the connections on the tail lights too ( as those indicators stay on ) if i knew what would cause this, it would be alot easier to trace where this dodgey connection is!
scottyp1989

27th Apr 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a rite bodge TBH mate, could be there a long time trying to find it, if i was you i would start from the begining and work my whole way through the light loom, from the switch to the lights
scottyp1989

27th Apr 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it have lexus lights on aswell?
Drift_Erm

27th Apr 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i was thinking, Is it easy to get behind the switch as such?
Drift_Erm

27th Apr 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, they are just standard/tinted ones on the back, and angel eyes on front
scottyp1989

27th Apr 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drift_Erm
yeah thats what i was thinking, Is it easy to get behind the switch as such?

not really but its the only way you are going to get to the bottom of your problem, i would be quite prepared to replace the headlight liim myself as no doubt that would solve it, but then you still may have the problem with the tail lights

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can anyone help!?! please 23 database queries in 0.0413728 seconds