corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Corsa-c.co.uk

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa-c.co.uk
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
28th Apr 10 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone reply to Lee to tell him that free email addresses have always been allowed, you just needed to contact me first. I lifted that requirement in 2008 and now they're allowed straight away.

Accounts are approved manually, but there's no policy on where the email address must come from.

He's obviously a little out of date.
tom-corsa

28th Apr 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i just say corsasport is full of cocks, they go on about our classified system, what about the fact you cant join up if you have a free email, like from yahoo like i do, i think that is the gayest system ever, and have you seen most of them on there, how can they call C owners chavs when half of the B's out there are a rotten mess, theyre ****ing chavvy as **** (quote from CCUK)

made me laugh, I reckon half the people on here don't own a corsa any more anyway.

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by tom-corsa]
LeeM

28th Apr 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meh, it does seem the chavier site. ive never seen so many people on one forum actually approve of cheap ebay coilovers
Graham88

29th Apr 10 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Having to be a paid member to sell is the wankest idea on earth. That goes for all forums.

I don't think so really.

It means the forum is making a little money to contribute.

Its like asking to sign up to AutoTrader and then putting free adverts in it.

Why not make money from it, most other big sites do. Its generally the smaller sites that dont do it.

If I ran a site, i'd expect the same, or a small charge of the overal cost of the product sold. Why not make money out of your own website that has a few thousand members? Sounds like good business planning.

Its only the people wanting to sell something who can moan about it. If your a fully fledged Corsa Club member, there won't be an issue.

If people don't like it, then go sell it on ebay and then moan about the fees

I disagree, a forum isn't supposed to be a money maker.

Plus there is the fact I have several things I want to sell, the 4 forums I think it would get decent interest from you have to pay for. Ranging from £10 - £25 per membership, it's something like £50 to sign up to advertise, which is absurd!

End of the day me selling stuff to other members is only going to be helping them as I'm sure it's more helpful on their car than sitting in my garage gathering dust. But hey-ho whatever it won't change anything I just disagree with it completely but I suppose it's the sellers who are cocks that caused that.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no solution to stop the scammers, if someone wants to sell they will sell, minimum post, scammer will just post til he gets it, paid membership, well do i need to point out that jay corsa gsi is a premium member
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 02:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I browse the Scottish region from time to time to see if theres anything happening.
Rich H

30th Apr 10 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic fail, ftl tbh imo smb.
am4nf

30th Apr 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a infraction the other day for making a thread asking them to discus why they have EM to sell
Daimo B

30th Apr 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

I disagree, a forum isn't supposed to be a money maker.

Plus there is the fact I have several things I want to sell, the 4 forums I think it would get decent interest from you have to pay for. Ranging from £10 - £25 per membership, it's something like £50 to sign up to advertise, which is absurd!

End of the day me selling stuff to other members is only going to be helping them as I'm sure it's more helpful on their car than sitting in my garage gathering dust. But hey-ho whatever it won't change anything I just disagree with it completely but I suppose it's the sellers who are cocks that caused that.

Not to you, but as an owner of a site, i'd want a bit of money back for providing my time to create the site to enable users to sell things and make a profit.

I'd make it so a % comes back to the website. Afterall, its the web designers time and money.

If you had a photography business, and someone used your photos, would you want some money for it??? Your totally entitled to it, you took the photo, bought the camera, editied the pics, so why not earn the money for it?

Same goes with selling stuff on a website. If you want to sell, either sign up and become a paying member, or charge members for selling the items.

Totally fair imo.

You make the choice to advertise on 4 sites. OK it won't help you if your selling something for £10, but if you've sold 10x items at £10, loosing say 50p per transaction won't hit you at all, as you've jsut made £100.

£50 site joinup, wheres that Thats just stupid.

I'd either charge membership to sell items on the forum, or put in place a % of everything sold. But thats just me

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Corsa-c.co.uk 23 database queries in 0.0115371 seconds