corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing coilover springs with higher poundage ones

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing coilover springs with higher poundage ones
jo1945

User status: Offline
1st May 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at getting some 275/300lb replacement springs for the coilovers on my xe corsa, but I don't have a clue what size/length etc I need, could someone tell me which one of these I need? Thanks

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=9+300lb

[Edited on 01-05-2010 by jo1945]
Limecat
Banned

1st May 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want them that heavy first of all? That's total overkill.

In terms of size and length, do you know what your current ones are? For Corsa they are typically 7/8" (I think you need 8" up the front and I can help with that! :thumbs but a lot depends on wheels/tyres as you can get problems with the platforms touching on the tyres if you get it wrong.
jo1945

1st May 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just going on what others have said tbh, what poundage would you go for?
Don't know how long the ones on there now are, just standard cheapy fk ones. The wheels are 7j et35 with 195's and are only a couple of mm from the tyres already so not much room for mistakes!
Limecat
Banned

2nd May 10 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have ample clearace as you have the wrong offset in your wheels anyway.

275lb is more big power LET ground, extra weight of the turbo and F28 6 speed box etc. I had 225lb on my XE and they were too harsh IMO.

jo1945

2nd May 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, any ideas on length/diameter?
Feel free to go nuts with innuendo, I cba to word that any different.

New Poll