corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick thick tire question.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick thick tire question.
GTM

User status: Offline
5th May 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT time and last year my corsa failed because the wheels weren't on with the tread of the tire facing the rite way. A quick fix but still a pain to have to go back swap them over to come back and get the okay. Well since then ive had new wheels and am pretty certain there all facing the correct way but is there an easy way to check. The tread of two of the tyres face one way in the middle and the other way on the outside so its hard to tell because both look wrong. Any quick tips on how to tell?
Mark Prydderch

5th May 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure that not all tyres are directional. If they are, they will have an arrow on them.
Nic Barnes

5th May 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah not all are directional. If they are as above will have rotation on the side wall.
GTM

5th May 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks chaps, i shall investigate
bakerballs2

5th May 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my back 2 tyres dont have directional arrows but it says inside outside etc
SnK

5th May 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh as said, some don't have directions, but most will say inside or outside, so make sure that's right. If not you can probably just switch the wheels round other side no?
arizona ste

5th May 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can have nothin directional or inside and outside by looking at your alloys you should only see outside, unless looking from underneath your car and the way the wheel travela when u r driving foward should be the way the directional arrow is pointing if not you may be able to switch them round with the other side if the other side is wrong aswell other than that you could just get them changed round at the garage with a tyre machine or put some different wheels on
GTM

5th May 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by arizona ste
you can have nothin directional or inside and outside by looking at your alloys you should only see outside, unless looking from underneath your car and the way the wheel travela when u r driving foward should be the way the directional arrow is pointing if not you may be able to switch them round with the other side if the other side is wrong aswell other than that you could just get them changed round at the garage with a tyre machine or put some different wheels on

Last time i had just put the wheels back on after abit of a tidy up on diffrent sides. Take it the spares fine on any side as i am on a spare at the moment as i had a nail in my wheel i havent sorted yet.
arizona ste

5th May 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it should be but i will give you a tip do NOT put the wheel with a nail in as yours spare as its a fail if you have a spare tyre and its flat but yet they cant failt it if theres no spare there but im not sure thought because i dont think they can remove any bits from you floor carpet to check the wheel
GTM

5th May 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i have another perfectly good spare in the boot.

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by GTM]

New Poll