corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost)

New Poll
  <<  31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Election Night - Real time chat (almost)
Ben G

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The car has nothing to do with it.

I'm talking about tieing yourself down to the biggest commitment of your life at such a young age.

You haven't even had chance to spend your good wage of hookers and trips to Panama to snort cocaine off hookers arses.

Ya get me?

i don't really like hookers or drugs, and i'll still go on holidays so no big deal there.
John

12th May 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paying someone elses mortgage is seperate to whether you view the house as an investment or not.

It can be a place to stay while you pay money towards owning it.
Ben G

12th May 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
One thing I'd like to see is people treating their homes as places to live and not pension funds. I think it's ridiculous that people would rather be asset rich and cash poor, which is a fairly common site at the moment. If anything happens to the housing market then you can be ruined overnight. Admittedly pension funds and stick portfolios are just as risky, but if you have a sensible spread and cash in the bank you probably wont end up like a lot of people have over the past couple of years.

it's the only investable thing that seems safe.

everyone needs a house at some point, don't they?
Ojc

12th May 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I'm no fool Oliver.

We posted that at exactly the same time.

I love you.
ed

12th May 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Houses are far from safe things to invest in. One day enough people will die for there to be a surplus of houses and the prices will fall through the floor. It will be fairly soon seeing as we are verging from not being able to provide enough food and energy for the world. Plus there is going to rationing of healthcare in the near future meaning that perhaps people wont live until 85 for no reason anymore.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having spent time in a hospital recently I can tell you now that they are overloaded with ethnic minoritys, it's like a fucking refugee camp in the Royal Berks. All sorts of colours, races and religions.
Ben G

12th May 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Houses are far from safe things to invest in. One day enough people will die for there to be a surplus of houses and the prices will fall through the floor. It will be fairly soon seeing as we are verging from not being able to provide enough food and energy for the world. Plus there is going to rationing of healthcare in the near future meaning that perhaps people wont live until 85 for no reason anymore.

and then the world will end, we will be plunged into darkness and everyone will die from malnutrition and look like albino's etc etc.

ed

12th May 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it will, but something's got to give somewhere along the line. We're parasites at the moment and it's disgusting.
Ben G

12th May 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree, but hopefully this wonderful country can rise again and be great.

here's me hoping winston churchill will come back from the dead.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Also why in this country is a house seen as an investment? It's somewhere you live? The only people to be able to appreciate your asset will be your kids when you die.

I don't get it, I'd buy a house that I liked and would want to stay in. I never see it as an investment or somewhere to tie up my savings, never had that mindset.

Spoken like a true non house owner. Wasn't you looking at houses a while back? jsut because it doesn't suit your situation now its a bad idea?

It is an investment. Prices will always rise. I'll either pay off this house, or move onto a bigger property and continue the mortgage.

Then when im in my 50's I can take early retirment, sell the house, and see everything in the world I want to see, or retire to a nice villa in another country and use the money (and pension) to live very comfortably, whilst your still paying off a mortgage.

I bought my house to stay in a long time, thats why we went for a nice house in a nice area, and paid the extra price to do this.

As i keep saying, different situations are for different people. You want to be thankful your in a VERY lucky situation and stop putting down peoples pride and joy. A house is probably the biggest investment youll ever make in life.

Just becuase its not your situation, doesn't mean its a bad one, why else do people do it.

My dads now 50, mortage free, and so all his income is now his. He'll be taking a lot more holidays, time off, and doing what he wants in life. He's worked for it and now can start relaxing earlier instead of having to wait till he's 65.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Churchill wasn't a very good post war leader .
Ojc

12th May 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't be arsed to read it Daimo, but did you read what I said?

I don't see a house as an investment, it's somewhere I will live. I won't be thinking "oh in 25 years time I will have paid this and I can sell it and go and visit Iraq"

And who is putting down peoples choice to buy a house? I'm envious to a degree but at this moment in time I do feel life is to be lived and having no ties I can do what I want, when I want.

YOU GET ME BLUD or are you going to reply with another long drawn out reply?
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Having spent time in a hospital recently I can tell you now that they are overloaded with ethnic minoritys, it's like a fucking refugee camp in the Royal Berks. All sorts of colours, races and religions.

So what? You little racist.

Just becuase they arn't white automatically means they are dole scrounging dossers......

Wonder if your so moaney when that indian has his petrol station open at 2am, or if you need emergency beer a midnight so need the local corner shop.

Sorry oly, but that comment is disgusting. Unless i've read it in the wrong context.

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by VXR]
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I can't be arsed to read it Daimo, but did you read what I said?

I don't see a house as an investment, it's somewhere I will live. I won't be thinking "oh in 25 years time I will have paid this and I can sell it and go and visit Iraq"

And who is putting down peoples choice to buy a house? I'm envious to a degree but at this moment in time I do feel life is to be lived and having no ties I can do what I want, when I want.

YOU GET ME BLUD or are you going to reply with another long drawn out reply?

Becuase short answer give details yeah???

I've actually mis read part of that, so I apologise, but my facts remain the same.

I didn't buy my house as an investment for down the line, I bought it cos we wanted it, its just turned into something I can consider as an investment for the future.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

So what? You little racist.

Just becuase they arn't white automatically means they are dole scrounging dossers......

Wonder if your so moaney when that indian has his petrol station open at 2am, or if you need emergency beer a midnight so need the local corner shop.

Sorry oly, but that comment is disgusting. Unless i've read it in the wrong context.

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by VXR]

Are you that ignorant to the truth? These bastards don't even speak English, were you laid up in a hospital ward for a week with nothing to do other than watch the comings and goings of countless foreign hordes raping our national health service having never contributed a penny towards it?

I have to have second rate care because the hospital has to care for Ivan from Poland whos fresh off the banana boat having his hernia removed and will be returning home a week later.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, i'll admit if they couldn't speak English i'd be angry, and i'd damn well tell them as well.

But you never put that, so it sounded very very racist.

And yes, I spent a lot of my teens in hospital due to on-going tendion and ligiment strains and problems. And I didn't see my dad much when he was bed bound for nearly a year either.........
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 10 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you spent a lot of your teens in hospital getting implants in those lovely lips of yours
Ojc

12th May 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you were a teen though we didn't have an issue with Eastern Europeans driving over here to have operations done.
ed

12th May 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the other way round though Ollie. You're paying for brits to go abroad because they can't wait 2-3 weeks for a hip op
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats true When I was a teen, labour was only just coming into power, so we didn't have all these immirgration/CCTV/Big brother country we do now We could still safely walk down the roads at night.

Ojc

12th May 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are such a man.

<<  31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost) 23 database queries in 0.1719520 seconds