corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People that voted Conservative

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People that voted Conservative
Lawrah
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th May 10 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nick Clegg with his great complexion.
Colin

8th May 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
I went with the Conservatives. I preferred their policies on immigration, Trident, unemployment and tackling the deficit over the other parties.

Unfortunately Labour generally gets something like a 70% share of the vote around here, Conservatives only got something like 6% so it was a wasted vote in that respect. However I did it out of protest at the way Labour have run the country.

[Edited on 08-05-2010 by MarkM]

That was my main reason for NOT voting. The labour seat is safe here I knew there would be no change, the same candidate has been in the seat sinse something like 1992. My vote would have counted towards jack shit & as sad as that is I knew it would be the case so really whats the point. Its not because I cant be bothered, its because I know when im defeated. Its the system thats flawed not peoples attitude IMO.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Then you make a vote based on the policies and who you think is best suited to run the country.

It's not that easy for someone who knows barely anything about politics! It's like choosing a book based on the press quotes plastered over the back of it! Every book says stuff like "5 Stars, Excellent Read" - it would never say "It's alright, but tbh a waste of your time - read Harry Potter instead..."

I've never once read a policy that said "We're going to make your life miserable, but if you bear with it for 4 years - you might start to see some benefit", and listening to the three leaders bickering on TV just makes things worse - they all pick apart each others policies, and make no progress in backing up the integrity of their own.

I've seen now what Labour government is like, and how it handles certain situations and guides the country through times of crisis - It's now looking like I'll get the opportunity to see how the Conservatives deal with similar stuff - and come the next General Election I'll have a chance of making an educated decision of my own, rather than being influenced by what's 'cool to vote for' or voting for change - just for the sake of it (which I feel many people have done this time around...)

My girlfriends dad attacked me for not voting too, but then my girlfriend voted because she thought Nick Clegg was 'fit'

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're just not reading quotes on the back cover thought. Parliamentary debates are televised, the manifestos and policies are all published to be read, there is enough news coverage.

Problem is that you need the interest for more than just the couple of hours before you go out and do the voting.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Problem is that you need the interest for more than just the couple of hours before you go out and do the voting.

Yeah exactly, I'm not saying it's impossible for me to have made an educated decision this time round - but reading for 5mins on the BBC website wont' aid me in the slightest as was suggested.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Joe

8th May 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, reading the paper once and watching a debate on TV for an hour isn't enough. There is way too many experts about at the minute when they pay zero attention the rest of the time.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People that voted Conservative 24 database queries in 0.0152318 seconds