corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » VE Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VE Day
SetH

User status: Offline
8th May 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today is VE day, 65 years since Churchill announced the end of fighting in Europe. Never forget the sacrifices off all the brave men and woman that fought for democracy, freedom and your right to vote last Thursday..... Oh wait...

Anyone else watching the service on BBC2? Gave me goose bumps when they were showing footage of key allied victories.
Ojc

8th May 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is sad that with every year that passes more and more veterans are lost to time.
SetH

8th May 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
What is sad that with every year that passes more and more veterans are lost to time.

Yes, sadly this is true.

I could listen to their war stories all day but some people whinge about them going on. Well take the chance to listen/talk to these people whilst they are still here I say.
mattk

8th May 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is right
random dav
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have watched some of it, I feel a trip to the Imperial War Museum coming on.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Robbo

8th May 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woudl you bunch of nouthy know it alls shut the fuck up about people dying so we could vote for fucks sake! they fought for freedom... freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom to vote, fredom to CHOOSE! not to force every fucker to vote should they choose not to! quite frankly im glad a lot of people chose not to vote if they dont know enough, i had a massive go at a friend the other day cos she was reduced to eeny miney mo to decide who to vote for, if youre not informed then dont fucking vote!!!

ANYWAY, RIP all the brave soldiers who fought, I know my Gramps is over in Normandy today to pay tribute to all the friend she lost during d-day
djgritt
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Woudl you bunch of nouthy know it alls shut the fuck up about people dying so we could vote for fucks sake! they fought for freedom... freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom to vote, fredom to CHOOSE! not to force every fucker to vote should they choose not to! quite frankly im glad a lot of people chose not to vote if they dont know enough, i had a massive go at a friend the other day cos she was reduced to eeny miney mo to decide who to vote for, if youre not informed then dont fucking vote!!!

Blob week?
Robbo

8th May 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just been watching all the sanctimonious arseholes bleating on all week about it - pathetic. want to vote, vote. dont want to vote, dont vote. thats all it is
SetH

8th May 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo Roidz!!!
bubble

8th May 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ex's granddad told me war stories, there was one occasion we were sat there, and for about 3 hours i listened with a huge lump in my throat as he told me about his friend who got shot right next too him and he tried to revive him.

makes me realise how some stuff can profoundly affect people.
Jambo

8th May 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP the brave souls

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » VE Day 24 database queries in 0.0113080 seconds