corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turning the VAN into track toy, track day booked!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turning the VAN into track toy, track day booked!
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
10th May 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went on a track day back in january which the van did pretty well, as being as i have the vx220 and the clio now on road i dont have any no claims for the van to keep it on the road so thought i would mess a little with it within a budget and make it litle beta for track!

nothing really major but have trackday booked at rockingham next month :-)

so this is how it looked........

then few washers and longer bolts bought to raise back of bonnet to aid cooling on track! dont like the look of ti but hopefully will help a little cos did notice after 20-30min session on track temps were rising a little

then i bought some part worn R888s, but they were 225/40/18 compared with my 215/35/18 road tyres! these never cought with the toyo tr1 on front but since i put khumos on front they were so i needed to make some extra space in the arch!

so i took wings off, grinded them out, put spacers in at bottom of wings to space them out, made wuite alot of extra width really, not pretty tho, lol!

before pic:-

after pic of other side

the whipped the wheels off and got 888's fitted

for 6 tires for £86 in total and they will all pass an mot so good amount of grip on them :-)

tried moving car and soon as i put any lock on was catching so had to adjust coilovers, having not been adjusted in 2 years took bit of persuasion! raised it about 1inch and seemed fine, rears were catching but few test drives oven bumps on farm and grinder out again got that all sorted!

few pics with tires etc fitted, not pretty but should be beta on track!

also fitted 3inch exhaust from turbo back which should have power up to 290hp!

really want to get lsd for car but can spend money at the min:-(

may get some beta pads before track day tho cos these are pretty goosed from the last track day!lol

shane_o

10th May 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clet? any vids of it in action? you going to play with it for some more power if its purely for track?
FlamingCorsa

10th May 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its z20 leh, with m32 6 speed

cant really do much more relaibly for more power! a re map would get me just over 300hp! in ideal world i would have lsd(£700), betta coilovers(£500ish), beta brakes(£150-800) and thats it! on straights at olton park was equal to evo's and m3's! just bends they left me!

weight is down to just over 1100kg, power at 290hp
FlamingCorsa

10th May 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine pic

inside pic

shane_o

10th May 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have reliability issuse much over 300bhp do they? i found adding a set of 888's took me a lot faster through corners you may do too, what brake setup does it have vauxhall single pot stuff? maybe dth/22se airbox for a bit better throttle response?
Graham88

11th May 10 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet that's gonna be nice and arse end happy?

Looks wicked though! Were you not tempted to stick some smaller wheels on it as it's for track? 18's can't do it any justice?

Would be interesting to see how it does. And good brakes are a must on track.

Even decent pads, braided lines and fluid will make a big difference.
Adam-D

11th May 10 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it.
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shane_o
they have reliability issuse much over 300bhp do they? i found adding a set of 888's took me a lot faster through corners you may do too, what brake setup does it have vauxhall single pot stuff? maybe dth/22se airbox for a bit better throttle response?

yea always thought about the cdti air box and even bought one but never put it on cos never got round to buying pipe work! lol

the turbo wont go much over 300 so need to go few different turbo set up which its just not worth, 300 at front wheels is enough!
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Bet that's gonna be nice and arse end happy?

Looks wicked though! Were you not tempted to stick some smaller wheels on it as it's for track? 18's can't do it any justice?

Would be interesting to see how it does. And good brakes are a must on track.

Even decent pads, braided lines and fluid will make a big difference.

everyone says about its being arse end happy! never had back come out on the road and olton park could happly throw it into corners and just went where you wanted it to! i was impressed with handling considering its just cheap coilovers!

i would have liked to go 17s! but buying set of 17's for say 300 and then tyres for prob £500+ so spending 800 or more an some tyres and wheels i just could not justfy it when the other cars could so with that money spending on them!

at the moment still has the standard gsi set up brake wise which were ok but few laps in brakes were fading, i dont have a clue wot the pads are on the car or anything! brother just upgraded to feredo ds2500 on his clio and hugely improved things and no fade when he did silverstone!
AK

11th May 10 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got enough power for the 18's

Its lower the bonnet a touch though... loooks a bit like its trying to hard

Rear looks a bit lower than the front too... maybe not just looked at the side on pic again. You may need to raise more though

Other than that.... good luck and get some vids! Oulton?
AK

11th May 10 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes - if you are doing a few track days and the pace gets up you'll need bigger brakes. You'll be fine with standard size brakes in good working order and DS2500's though
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
its got enough power for the 18's

Its lower the bonnet a touch though... loooks a bit like its trying to hard

Rear looks a bit lower than the front too... maybe not just looked at the side on pic again. You may need to raise more though

Other than that.... good luck and get some vids! Oulton?

yea front does look likes it been in crash the bonnets a bit raised to much! lol

should i raise the rear pu to match front then? i really need to get tracking and camber done also cos raising the front has thrown it quite along way out, should i get any camber put on the front?? in or out?

will get some vids, we are going to rockingham, u been there ak? always fancied there cos we went to watch touring cars with dad when he was still with us:-)
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
brakes - if you are doing a few track days and the pace gets up you'll need bigger brakes. You'll be fine with standard size brakes in good working order and DS2500's though

i do have some hi spec 4 pots sitting around which i wondered if to get some brakets made to fit them onto my standard disks to keep costs down!
Whittie

11th May 10 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Iaz, i'll give it till the end of the year before the vans stickered up!

What happened to your other van? Is that the same one sprayed white.... I remember you shooting it with a shotgun
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Looks good Iaz, i'll give it till the end of the year before the vans stickered up!

What happened to your other van? Is that the same one sprayed white.... I remember you shooting it with a shotgun

yea its same van, been arden blue and white since it was shoooot!

i been thinking about stickering it up with black lion hotel, sure we can put it through business as advertising then :-) lol
markx14xe

11th May 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats nice
AK

11th May 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been to rokingham, no.

Idealy you want to have some negative camber to make the 888's work well (neg is top in).

Not sure on the car/FWD etc but something like -ve 1.5 on the rear and -ve 2 on the front with as much castor as you can get to give lots of dynamic camber
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
never been to rokingham, no.

Idealy you want to have some negative camber to make the 888's work well (neg is top in).

Not sure on the car/FWD etc but something like -ve 1.5 on the rear and -ve 2 on the front with as much castor as you can get to give lots of dynamic camber

not sure u can do the rear that easily?!?

may just get tracking done at garage then mess about with the camber!
Graham88

11th May 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DS2500's rock. I have them on standard discs and they are excellent.

Get braided lines and 5.1 fluid.

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by Graham88]
sri_baby

11th May 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god id love that van on road it looks mint

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turning the VAN into track toy, track day booked! 23 database queries in 0.0153260 seconds