corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best way to get into some track day action?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best way to get into some track day action?
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th May 10 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always thought that I'd someday get into some Track action since my old man started doing some small hill climbs and track days way back in 2002, its been on my 'to do' list for sometime now but not too sure of the best way of going about things?

I know there are lots of people on here who do alot of track days and after watching the video's of the CS/Weekend racer lot at combe its really spured me on to start doing something about it.

Now Ive never competed on a track before in a car, around 6 times a year me and a few mates go go-karting on a local track and thats about the most experience Ive had.
The club that my old man used to race with is still going, at the same events which are just small tracks and hill climbs, last time I went in 2003 they had 2 cars on track at once, one would go first, then the second would follow 30 seconds later.

Is this the best way to get into it and build up experience? As I remember last time I was there the cars ranged from full race spec'd fiberglass Mini's to Evo's and such where as Im thinking more along the lines of a Corsa Sport?

Ive been thinking about it and not doing anything about it for too long now so any advice appreciated

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best way to get into some track day action? 24 database queries in 0.0074680 seconds