corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe speedo cable transducer - speed sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe speedo cable transducer - speed sensor
kennybarbour

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it essential?

i have an x14xe fitted in a nova. it has a mechanical drive speedo with a transducer between the box and the cable. on this box there is a plug with a red/blue wire on it which ive always taken to be the speed sensor feed for the ECU.

a problem has arisen when ive bought a plate diff that has no speedo drive on it thus rendering the transducer useless. i dont mind not having a working speedometer but i do mind the engine not working right.

can these be unplugged? what effect will it have? and are there any alternatives like a transducer to suit a wheel speed ring or similar??
kennybarbour

User status: Offline
15th May 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up

New Poll