corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice needed ASAP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice needed ASAP
DJMartin07

User status: Offline
16th May 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

came up to a friends house this weekend so he could help me fit my exhaust and lower my car, got all that done then took the car yesterday to get it tracked up

no garages up here (other than one which was closed) had a ramp low enough to get the car onto so had to use a small backstreet garage as a last resort (never again )

tracking was a good job the car drives straight but... afew problems, they had to heat up the nut on the track rods so they could track the car, in the process they burnt off the cable ties holding my ABS sensor's wires on, AND melted what I believe to be the speedo cable (blue and black cable on drivers side coming from engine bay leading into cabin) abs light came on while taking the car for a drive, after the garage said that the ABS wires would be fine and they wouldnt catch on anything at all, so the ABS light came on after driving for about 20 mins or so, engine management light came on, and the speedo failed, pulled over as soon as possible to check it out.

engine started to misfire then cut out after we pulled up to check out the ABS wires, the passenger side wire was snapped and shorting out on the metal, so covered the bare wires and taped it up as a get me home fix, all seemed fine but the speedo wasnt working still, thought the speedo might of been controlled by the ABS for some reason

got it back to my mates after a very slow drive not wanting to risk anything else going wrong

jacked it up this morning, front wheels off, and theres a blue and black cable melted from the oxy/acetalyn torch, one i believe is the speedo, the other one i have no clue

so what are these wires? and can anyone give me advice about this garage, can post up the pics of the damage, have reciept

also got to drive 100+ miles home tonight so could do with a working speedo also I've got work tomorrow and the rest of the week, I'm the only one who knows how to do the job as the other lad who does it is off on holiday wish I was
Fro

16th May 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say stuff was shorting out, have you checked the fuses?
Ben G

16th May 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i smashed my abs sensor on the focus whilst sorting the suspension out.

this is no help though as you've already located the abs wires
DJMartin07

16th May 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of thought of that, will go check now
N3CRO

16th May 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tut tut. At least it wasn't you that half killed the car this time I spose.
Andrew

16th May 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pisses me off when people don't take pride in their work

Guys who serviced my van last time managed to burn out the starter motor and destroy an injector. They were also meant to get the van back the same day but didn't without even a phone call. Luckily i had another van i could use but what if i needed this vechicle to get home - and trust me, i need a vechicle to get home
Twitch

16th May 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of tracked it yourself tbh. and then got it done at a place you know is good.
DJMartin07

16th May 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked fuses all fine, tried to phone garage but no answer pissed off, got to go home later with no speedo

luckily I have a mate who i've been buying bits off the Corsa Sport he's breaking, so can get all the bits off his Sport, as it's same spec luckily.

[Edited on 16-05-2010 by DJMartin07]
sri_baby

16th May 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant u take it bac to the garage and tell them to sort it at the end of the day its there fuck up so they should sort it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice needed ASAP 23 database queries in 0.0135341 seconds