corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sick & Tired of looking for car insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sick & Tired of looking for car insurance
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
   28th May 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All day ive been getting really bad quotes £6000 some of them

the best one iv had up too now is £2500 with churchill

only passed yesterday but surely i can get it a bit cheaper than this its a f,ing joke a mate of mine is coming round tomorrow to phone churchill and see how much cheaper it would be with me as the main driver & him as the named ..

ive only got a corsa b 1.0 12v paid like £250 for it

any help muchly apreachiated
jibjob

28th May 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its standard go for Direct line. They gave me the cheapest quote as a new driver out of anyone as a named driver with my mum as main driver. For comparison i paid £1000 for a saxo 1.4, 17yrs old, no mods.
Generation

28th May 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt be arsed this yr, so just kept with same people, too much effort calling everyone, and telling them about kods and engine chnage, fucking takes ages
16vKarlos

28th May 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will end up paying atleast £1400... try Quinn - i was with them + i paid £1300 on my 1400 sport when i past
ash-ov-boro

28th May 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tried quin direct mate im sure they where saying 5000 odd been hamerd by loads of insurance companys today its a joke how much it is for insurance theese days .. hopefully if i add my mate as a named driver to the churchill quote of £2500 it should go down a little i know hes been driving for years no claims ect: so will see how this goes tomorrow guna get insured no matter what my mum is paying a £1000 towards my insurance and i will pay the rest she's had it saved for me for a while now so thats nice of her shame she dont drive her self and dont speak to the father hes a nob
ash-ov-boro

28th May 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

verry stressed out from looking through companys all day typing the same stuff over & on the phone saying the same shit but to a differnt person 1 place had me on hold for nearly 20 mins got through nd they put the phone down ...
Eddx14xe

28th May 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance is silly at the moment.

My friend at college was doing insurance quotes for 1.0-1.2 corsas, for 1.2's he was getting like £3300.

My quotes with 1 years no claims, with most companies its more than what im paying now and i currently have 0 NCB
ash-ov-boro

28th May 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you insured at Eddx14xe
N3CRO

29th May 10 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£6000 for a 12v Corsa!???
ash-ov-boro

29th May 10 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea ive had some shocking quotes today all of them where inbetween 5000 & 6000 apart from the churchill one which was £2500
markx14xe

29th May 10 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adrian flux are good and ask if a pass plus makes any differance it did with mine,
ive got a corsa b 1.4 sport an was gonna be £2500-but got it to £1800 with a pass plus
N3CRO

29th May 10 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I thought Norwich Union didnt 'quote me happy' when they wanted almost £2,000 for my 12v Corsa but £6,000 is fucking rediculous. Who in their right mind would pay that much for such a basic car.
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 07:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Admiral and Lloyds TSB. I paid £1300 for my first year on the 12v with Lloyds.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
taylorboosh

29th May 10 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its because you live in boro theres a high rate of accidents due to fog, also you touch your children down that way so im told.

in all fairness though, quin where best when i passed
K2 GTi

29th May 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck paying that much car insurance lol. £2000 for a £250 car?? I wouldn't pay £400 let alone 7 times the car value!
Cavey

29th May 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get on your parents insurance for a year or two, will be much cheaper, and most of them give NCB to named drivers now as well.

Technically illegal, but everyone does it
chrisritch

29th May 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just bought a 1.2 corsa because i was sick of paying 2500 tpft insurance. now its 1044 fc with flux
ash-ov-boro

29th May 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mate come down today tried to get a quote but churchill was closed and ma mate didnt come till 5 and it closed then so tomorrow im just going to be paying 2500 for insurance as its starting to get on my tit's ... what if i said to churchill i can get it from else where for 2200 would they beat that quote or not..?
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Just get on your parents insurance for a year or two, will be much cheaper, and most of them give NCB to named drivers now as well.

Technically illegal, but everyone does it
Not if you tell them that the proposer isn't the owner of the vehicle. My dad is the proposer on both his and my mum's insurance but my mum is the registered keeper of her car. Never had a problem.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
ash-ov-boro

29th May 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any tips or techniques to nock it down slightly from churchill it says 10% off if you insure online but when i try and get a quote its says something like.. [[[sorry we can not give you a quotation online with the info you have provided]] ??

so how can i go about doing it online to knock 10% off come on guys i wouldnt mind lowering it abit ..
Kurt

29th May 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Instead of fronting as being suggested above try adding parents as named drivers instead.

Try elephant and admiral aswell, theye been the cheapest for me on the punto and then when I changed to the civic
JordyCarter

29th May 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you do that pass plus (I know its gay etc) it does actually knock some off. I got from 1900 to 1600 cheapest i could get =\
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People suggesting adding parents -
quote:
Originally posted by ash-ov-boro
my mum is paying a £1000 towards my insurance ... shame she dont drive her self and dont speak to the father hes a nob

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
ash-ov-boro

30th May 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello again i give my mate my details ect: for him to get some quotes for me and as it goes im not sure yet how he has done it either with me as a main driver or him as a main driver & me as a named driver but anyways this is how it went i am the registerd keeper of the but here goes he got a quote for £1600 odd which is a hell of alot cheaper than what i was getting going to see him tomorrow & make sure im the main driver & would be getting 1 years NCB at the end of it hope im insured by tomorrow going to give the car a good valet & clean up was also going to pop down morgans breakers yard in guisborough & pick up a pair of wings & bonnet as mine are poor & wings have a bit of rust on them
ash-ov-boro

30th May 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will let you's know which company it is tomorrow will keep car standard for few month and hopefully its a company that allows mods.. otherwise i have a room full of parts i cant use

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sick & Tired of looking for car insurance 24 database queries in 0.3017581 seconds