corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Network file transfer using a BT Home Hub....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Network file transfer using a BT Home Hub....
sxibeast

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it possible?

I have a load of pictures & videos etc on my PC (running ME ) and want to transfer quite a few files across to the gfs laptop (running Vista).

I have BT Broadband with the new fancy black home hub, all wired in, but short of me digging out the external hard drive, transferring the files onto that, then plugging it into the laptop, can i just send it via the home hub network?

Her laptop is running off the home hub wirelessly (me PC would explode if i even attempted to put a wireless card in it), but the PC is hard wired into the home hub using the ethernet cable rather than the USB.

Any ideas guys?

And yes, i shall be binning my ME machine after the summer, especially as i have to reboot it once it has switched on for the first time of the day as no programmes open properly and the mouse judders across the screen!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Jun 10 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use the external hard drive mate, alot easier imo!
oceansoul

2nd Jun 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same network workgroup, share the folder on the ME machine, browse to it on the vista machine, copy paste into a new folder on vista machine.

New Poll