corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Having a skip on your drive

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Having a skip on your drive
Bonney

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have them coming into work for steel. Just realised i have a load of offcuts of ali under my bench. Think i'll fill the car and scrap it!
Jay

3rd Jun 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We also had a big pepsi fridge (like you have in newsagents) which was broke and we could get rid of anywhere, put it on the driveway and it was there about a month and one day it got robbed, god knows why
mart08uk

3rd Jun 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brothers just brought a house had one of those old metal baths too.. left it down side of his garage as he was going to sell it or something... next day he came home from work to a big mess all over the drive dragged it out smashed it on the fronts and took it away Badgers!
deano87

3rd Jun 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The opposite at work is happening. . .it's randomly filling up
Gareth F

3rd Jun 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
The opposite at work is happening. . .it's randomly filling up

This is what happens round ourway, feckers fill them up so when we get ours it has to be filled in a day
Nic Barnes

3rd Jun 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are constantly interested in the scrap battery box at my work and also the old exhaust skip.
nick_sri

3rd Jun 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drive round in a transit round ere with a big megaphone shouting "any old iron" , fuckin annoyin when im workin nights lol
Gareth F

3rd Jun 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throw an actual iron at them..... Then run
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 00:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you should say this but it happened at work the other day, I mean AMERSHAM FFS
Adam C
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opposite happens when we have a skip at home, all the neighbours seem to think they can just fill it up, where as at work the one we have gets filled with the pikeys old clothes and pill packets, bottles of old booze etc, always a good laugh to see the tramps picking things out and trying old clothes on after its been chucked in there

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Adam_B

4th Jun 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We always get them round my work after old batterys. They also seem to like Pallets.

We have to turn them away though as we get deals back from the suppliers, i wouldnt be surprised if they broke in one night and robbed old batteries and pallets but left the thousands of pounds worth of new alloys and stereo stuff.
Butler

4th Jun 10 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I left an exhaust on my drive once and some pikies tried taking it, lucky I caught them.
Butler

4th Jun 10 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon they must just drive round looking at houses to be honest.
Fro

4th Jun 10 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Course they do

Get different ones coming down my road, one set ring a bell as they drive round. Another set are more stealthy They took a few things out of the skip a few doors down the other day and last night.
DaveyLC

4th Jun 10 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I shit you fucking not, it's been here two days as mum and dad renovate a bathroom and 3 lots of pikies have been around having stuff out of it.

I know copper is worth a lot, but a bit about 30cm long isn't going to buy you a holiday in the Bahamas.

Then I threw a set of old Nova steel wheels in there today, another one is here now taking them away.

Hes just seen a worn out pair of Makita workman shoes and hes having them.

I imagine later in the week he'll be around to have the Astra away and the wheels in the garage.

Sorry mate.. I'll stop taking stuff out of your skip now!
Twiggy

4th Jun 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had the 106 removed they put a cooker out the nearby skip in the boot and the slammed the boot on it which smashed the rear screen!!
DaveyLC

4th Jun 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How Wreckless!
Ryan

4th Jun 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nick_sri
drive round in a transit round ere with a big megaphone shouting "any old iron" , fuckin annoyin when im workin nights lol

They were down my street at about 9 this morning
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found peopel not so much taking stuff to be the problem but all the fucking neighbours putting their shit in my skip! One even buried a bin lid under a pile of rubble and gravel but as I was saving all the copper at the time, I saw the copper handle sticking through the gravel, pulled it out and there was his bin lid - cheeky fucker
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RYAN89
quote:

They were down my street at about 9 this morning

we have that round ours, with a transit flat bed. Every sunday when the Corsa was on the drive they asked if they could have it FOC, cheeky twats, weighed it in for £140!
GF-91
Banned

4th Jun 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen a few times in my area of residence; people put computer desks and mirrors and such outside and wrote on a sheet of paper "free to good home"- or "Take me, I'm free "

I didn't take it though.
jonnysri

4th Jun 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had some dodgy run ins with pikeys and scrap men, just walking through a house we were doing up and saying oh we'll have that and that and that.

advantage was. 5 of us and 2 of them. doesnt stop them coming back later for the tools and everything else but they just wouldnt leave, i thought it'd get messy.

lets face it, we could have had them but no doubt they would have brought back 3 tranny vans full of pikeys and burnt the fucking house down.
aim1

4th Jun 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some scumbags stole two of the alloys off my car (as they didn't even use a jack and couldn't get the other two) so I changed the wheels and put the remaining two in garden...which were then also stolen in a couple of weeks. Unrelated crimes as there was 6 miles in between the incidents! I took the rear wheel off my old MR2 to change the brake disc
(as the MOT garage said it was cracked) and put the wheel under the car. Went into the house to make a cup of tea and it had gone 5 minutes later! Then I discovered the disc wasn't even cracked it was just a scratch!

You don't even realise how many people spend their days looking out for this type of stuff until you have something they want. The most recent incident I took a rear wheel and spare to a garage to get the tyres swapped and left the car on a jack for half an hour. When I got back my mum was actually standing guard over my car because of the amount of people that had been round after my jack/axle stands!
Sam
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They do that round my way practically twice a week! They even use some dodgy horn/bugle/whatever that sounds like a dull fart whenever they use it.

It'd be great if they collected scrap cardboard - we've got loads of it here and yours truly has to take it to the recycling centre a.k.a. the tip every once in a while because our crappy council won't recycle them!
Sam
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonnysri
ive had some dodgy run ins with pikeys and scrap men, just walking through a house we were doing up and saying oh we'll have that and that and that.

advantage was. 5 of us and 2 of them. doesnt stop them coming back later for the tools and everything else but they just wouldnt leave, i thought it'd get messy.

lets face it, we could have had them but no doubt they would have brought back 3 tranny vans full of pikeys and burnt the fucking house down.

LMFAO

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Having a skip on your drive 24 database queries in 0.0111959 seconds