corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » on my redtop engine on the calibra

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author on my redtop engine on the calibra
corsabsonny

User status: Offline
4th Jun 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a silver round metal thing with pipes coming of it bolted to the engine, i take it this is the oil cooler? ive been told i dont need to use this so how would i blank of the holes? or am i mistaken and i do need it? also..on the loom that i have nearly finished taking out i have...3 plugs which you wire to the 9 pin plug on the corsa, the big plug that clips on to the ecu, the lamber sensor plug some wires that go through the plug cover and into the engine on the other side, the part i cant suss out is theres another few wires that go over by the battery..what are these for? also do i need any of the mass of wires by the battery? i noticed that in those wires is a plug that plugs into the silver thing i mentioned about..help would be greatly appreciated also whats the best way to take the 2.0 out with a crane or from underneath..i have the crane i just need to no the easiest way
cheers
ecclesturbo

4th Jun 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be the oil cooler your talking about to start with,take out the engine with the full sub frame very easy to do a few bolts underneath
corsabsonny

4th Jun 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then drop it down from underneath yeah? do i need the oil cooler mate? and any ideas on the wires? cheers
ecclesturbo

4th Jun 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop if out from underneath is the easier option,if you wish to keep the cooler its entierly upto yourself,i would if i was you if not you`ll need a sandwich plate without the cooler,wiring side if things there should be a big red wire which goes to + on the battery which normally runs by the fuel relay.
Kieran
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to thread crash but. Your local to me so thought I'd say hi. And I would keep cooler by the way
corsabsonny

4th Jun 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where in kent are you mate? its ugly though lol is it best to then? anyone have a pic of one in a corsa with the cooler?
Nic Barnes

4th Jun 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont need a sandwhich plate without cooler attachments. you can use the short oil filter spiggot that 8v's cam with. about a quid from vauxhall. just screws into oil pump then wind filter up and jobs a goodun.
cowley

5th Jun 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a pic with it on mine ill put it on later but its infront of the rad were you would put an intercooler
Nic Barnes

5th Jun 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats where they go on a std car.
Adam_B

5th Jun 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need the oil cooler. To save the hassle of messing about mounting it id just get the part Nic said.
corsabsonny

5th Jun 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all that was on this car is the radiator, and the a/c rad..my dad said that i would have to take the a/c and power steering pumps of the engine which will leave me with 2 pulleys, is this correct? what do i do about a belt? plus unless these are taken of theres nowhere for an engine mount on the front the mount on the original calbra was under the pulleys?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » on my redtop engine on the calibra 23 database queries in 0.0258381 seconds