corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Is there a market for..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is there a market for..
jibjob

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a market for non-digital camera's? Ive got a set up that still takes old rolls of film and i was just wondering if its worth anything.

Details of the kit are:
Petri Lens 50mm 1:2
Prinz Jupiter 277c Flash
Pentax lens 28mm 1:2.8
Petri lens 135mm 1:3.5
Petri GX-1 Camera
Leather camera case
Full cleaning kit
Chinon carry bag

Obviously i realise its a bit dated now due to digital but is it worth anything or is it just worth keeping as an investment?
Cavey

9th Jun 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look over on Talkphotography.com i'm sure a lot of people on there would be interested in film cameras still.

Think Andy or someone on here took a lot on 35mm recently
jibjob

9th Jun 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate i'll have a look Im only after a rough price for it as im not interested in selling it unless the price is right.
andy1868

9th Jun 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've done some in 35mm recently aye, but only for the crack of it, no idea if many people still use it or not.

i've just had a quick look on ebay, the petri stuff on there doesn't seem to go for much ie 135mm 1:3.5 going for as little as £10 etc.

the vintage camera stuff doesn't go for much though i'm afraid, for example i bought my canon ae1 with a 50mm 1:1.8 for £45 in full working order earlier this year and i've just bought a 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 for £35. its a cheap way of getting some excellent snaps though, i really love mine and if i were you i'd hold onto it

jibjob

9th Jun 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that mate! Ye it was my grandads so im not going to part with it for that little. It seems a good base to start off taking pictures with though. Just got to figure out what all the little dials and buttons do Im a novice when it comes to photos. Im more of a point and click type of guy
andy1868

9th Jun 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhhhhh i see, i learnt about the basics on my digitial slr so trial and error was free, by the time i got the 35mm i had a fair grasp of the basics which was nice

if you have the manual and stuff it'll make things easier though or have a quick look HERE for a simple explanation
jibjob

9th Jun 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. Ive got all the manual and everything ive just got to learn about what to put where and when depending on the shot i want.
Adam_B

9th Jun 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people still shoot film, its not really any different from digital. Maybe more satisfying if you develop yourself.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Is there a market for.. 24 database queries in 0.0157521 seconds