corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » flame pink 1.4 ls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flame pink 1.4 ls
Corsaboii_1991

User status: Offline
14th Jun 10 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.

im joe, formerly novaboi_1991 from pngclub. i used to own a 1.4 4 door saloon. then had a couple of other cars since, and have now come to what is the darkside of corsa ownership.

im 19, an come from hawkinge in kent.

basiclly ive bought this corsa off my mate. its a 1.4 LS. flame pink of course. when he had it the engine had a savere power loss. i mean the sort of loss that makes a 1.0 12v pish over it. so, we decided to rip its heart out. and fitted a 1.4 engine from a corsa SRI that had been written off locally around a month or so ago.

ive not done much yet, ive fitted the blue TID bulbs which were in my van, as the ones in the corsa didnt work. ive ripped out the boot build that looks to have been done by the tweenies. but progress has stopped for now. as i dont want to get too involved until i have my name on the log book. he's that sort of mate lol. also, after being unemployed for such a long time, im now working for tesco's and am on monthly pay. so im skint lol.

Il try and keep updating this, however funds are tight, ive got my test tomorrow, and am taking up as much overtime as possible at the moment to be able to afford to insure a 1.4 as a first car.

Apparently the car has spax RSX adjustable front shocks. its around 100mm on the front and 80mm on the rear.

when i got it the air filter consisted of a pair of asda's finest tights. but ive now got a K&N to go on so thatll be fitted soon.

the car has a gsi exhaust system including the backbox. and the bodywork is in ok condition., just needs a good scare from the G3. and its got 256mm grooved/vented disks and calipers to help stop a bit quicker

any comments on what style or theme i should go with?

Cheers

[Edited on 14-06-2010 by Corsaboii_1991]
bracey123

14th Jun 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello and welcome bud car looks a good base
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 10 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsaboii_1991
when i got it the air filter consisted of a pair of asda's finest tights.

you and OJC will get on just fine.
Corsaboii_1991

14th Jun 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bracey123 - Cheers dude . its not too bad but the engines been fitted by stevie wonder and i cant get reverse.

Steve - whys that mate?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 10 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He likes to use old socks as an air filter.

u2u him and ask him about it
Corsaboii_1991

14th Jun 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol mine was like it when i got it. just need a metal ring to clamp the filter to then il have that fitted.
Corsaboii_1991

3rd Jul 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, ive not been on for a while. but i have a bit of progress.

ive now got a pink licence. 13 minors lol. but yeh, its pink so i dont care.

ive got new wheels fitted. theyre 14'' speedlines. urm

i should be getting insured on the 10th when i been paid. also been getting teh corsa ready for the MOT. which il be booking as soon as i can LEGALLY drive it to the test station.

assuming it passes, il be driving it and generally getting used to it until the tax runs out at the end of the month, in which il sweet talk daddy lol and see about borrowing £70 to tax it. then itll be a real WIP.

im planning on getting post 97 bumpers, getting the arch trims and the bumper trim done in a high gloss black by my local bodyshop as i cba to sit there with sandpaper smoothing them off lol.

then il be getting the bumpers colour coded. and sourcing a badgeless grille.

as soon as the corsa's road legal, im going to go to woodgate scrapyard in ashford and get a new boot lid as mine is rusty. then i need to get the window tinted like the 2 rear ones.

if theres anyone here from hawkinge, im in need of an airbox, a clutch cable, and a bootlid if theres one closer than the scrapyard?. oh, and some bonnet lifters. as i dont have a bonnet stand .

I apologise for the lack of updates. however im sure we've all been here. when you have a car sat there knowing you cant drive it it kinda lacks in motivation to do anything.

Thanks.
Butler

3rd Jul 10 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont find anyone else on here from Hawkinge mate! Rob_lee is from cheriton though, he used to have plenty of old bits from his c16xe nova in his garage, but im sure he sold quite a lot of stuff on ebay recently.

Havent been to Woodgate in a while, the guys that run it are the worst type of pikey.
Corsaboii_1991

3rd Jul 10 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got any bits mate?. woodgates are ok, but prices are a little steep. i mean, £15 for a centre rear seat bracket...
giles92

30th Dec 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hawkinge as in near canterbury?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » flame pink 1.4 ls 24 database queries in 0.0066149 seconds