corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pioneer Sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pioneer Sub
Virtue

User status: Offline
19th Mar 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks,

I currently have a newish 12" Pioneer sub, which I intend to run off an Alpine MRD amp (their new ones).

Does anyone know what the RMS rating of the Pioneer is? I think the model number is W304C or something.

And will it sound OK?

Cheers!
essexracer

19th Mar 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the tsw-303c (303 not 304, itd the older version) was 160w rms...i think the 304 is aboout 200wrms...go to their web site m8.

james
Virtue

20th Mar 03 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey, 200w RMS?

I did have a look on the Pioneer website, but as per usual, they only have peak ratings which don't mean anything (600w rating peak).

I just wondered because I have a two channel Jet Sound, 200W Max, which i run the sub off currently, but it isn't bridged (meaning i'm running off one chan, 100W Max), simply because the amp won't bridge for some reason.

When I turn the stereo up and the gain up to max on the Jet Sound amp, it distorts - is this because of the crappy amp only kicking out about 70W RMS, or because it's a crap sub?

Cheers!
CopyWrite

20th Mar 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

virtue u got some learning to do
first stop turnin everything up full because ull just end up blowin a voice coil or something.
yes ur amp is doin a s**t job, 70 watts rms is no where near enuff and it's prolly a crap amp if it wont bridge.
get something better.
neiliosxi

20th Mar 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got that sub ths 600W but aint too sure on the RMS, got a half of a 660W amp runnin it and it sounds gud

New Poll