corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Off my rocker

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Off my rocker
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 10 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to know the age of my redtop it's on a distributor, the rocker cover has vauxhall on it then to the right of it DOHC 16V but alot of the early redtops I've seen have the DOHC 16 V rote on the left of vauxhall and it's sideways ? :s help me please I'm well confused
Mark B

16th Jun 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the oil cap of and look at the date on the cam caps usualy give's you a rough idea
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about my spark plug cover how come its different?
Nic Barnes

16th Jun 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

metal ones are different to plastic ones. i really wouldnt worry about it. its only a spark plug cover.
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 10 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it doesn't affect the engine in any way then? So mines an early type ? Oh last question now what sort of clutch do I need for it ?
Nic Barnes

16th Jun 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take flywheel cover off gearbox and check which flywheel it has and order clutch to suit.

theyre what a 23-24 year old engine so anything could have been changed over the years for spares off later engines. best to check the actual flywheel than go off what design plug cover it has etc.
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 10 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look at my flywheel tomorrow I got told there should be a number in the gearbox side of the block starting with c20 ........ But can't find it so I'll check my flywheel thanks for the advice really helped me alot

New Poll